Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Taz is a better player than Max but my comment was meant to be more about what these two players meant to supporters. Max played in some poor StKilda sides and played on much bigger players but never gave an inch. Taz is similar player that was a shining light this year, a year where we needed a shinning light.

I don't want him to go unless we get something enormous for him
I dont want him to go even if we got offered this years and next years 1st from some one. I think with what we have already done and a few more in the pipe works enough is enough.

Do you know what ad hom means?

I do not like Barrett one bit, but my dislike doesnt mean he cant be right. People cant see past their dislike to conclude tarrant could be considering his options because Barrett said it.

And saying there are ad hom attacks isnt a whine mate.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Considering the way Barrett wrote that specific part of his article it could be argued those comment were less ad Hom attack more accurate description of the tone of what Barrett wrote. And that's independent of the essential point. Taz may well have been considering his options in a way that included playing elsewhere.

Barrett was vindictive and spiteful. He made a comment about Dursmas courage in the same column .... Did he mention anything similar about Kyron Hayden when he did exactly the same thing earlier this year? (Can't remember, fair play to him if he did, if he didn't ... Why not?) Maybe the rat syph has damaged his memory...

Taz is not a great player but he is a player everyone respects. Max Hudghton was a similar sort, a player that every opposition supporter wishes played for their club. Losing Taz is a risk as we then have a backline that could get seriously toweled up every week and we supporters need something to hang our hats on, especially after a loss or a series of losses. Taz was that this year as was the modern reincarnation of David Ackerley in the back pocket and Goldie.

If he goes I suggest we help Collingwood with their salary cap issues and take Mooore, Crisp and Howe off their hands.

Even the ch7 article said he was underrated. They must have seen your post.

The most surprising thing about this whole saga to me, is that the media is calling Tarrant a Star. About 5 years too late you sh*t campaigners!
Does Barrett really follow us imagine how he would be if he did not barrack for us. He is one of those people that may barrack for us but certinley does not SUPPORT us.

Does Barrett really follow us imagine how he would be if he did not barrack for us. He is one of those people that may barrack for us but certinley does not SUPPORT us.
He certainly is. I had an email battle with him about 15 years ago about an anti-North article he wrote ( so this stuff goes way back), when I challenged him on whether he was a North supporter. He replied indignantly that he certainly was and was a member "at a high level actually" then said his supporter status didn't mean we were above criticism.

He certainly is. I had an email battle with him about 15 years ago about an anti-North article he wrote ( so this stuff goes way back), when I challenged him on whether he was a North supporter. He replied indignantly that he certainly was and was a member "at a high level actually" then said his supporter status didn't mean we were above criticism.
Yeah like i said ha may barrack for us but he does not support us. I have no issue him or any other jurno being critical of us IF it is warranted 99%of the time it is not though.

Taz is a better player than Max but my comment was meant to be more about what these two players meant to supporters. Max played in some poor StKilda sides and played on much bigger players but never gave an inch. Taz is similar player that was a shining light this year, a year where we needed a shinning light.

I don't want him to go unless we get something enormous for him

Fair enough, that makes some ground back on what were confusing posts initially.

Imo Tarrant stays and is required for leadership.

Regardless of what Barrett says, it's a huge test for the Club. I'm a fan of the new direction we're taking, but it has to be measured and nuanced. 12 months ago, I would have said Taz, Cunners, BBB and Goldy were our standout fabric players. All top line performers who were unquestionably best 22 and who embodied the spirit of the joint. Today, one's apparently gone and question marks over a couple more. We know what happened to Fitzroy soon after the likes of Pert, Osborne, Blakey and Roos, all fabric players, left that Club in the early 90's. You erode the fabric of your Club then be prepared to pay the price.

I was a Fitzroy supporter and I can tell you Masked Avenger has hit the nail on the head. It was so dispiriting out at the Western Oval getting thrashed every week in 95/96. I can support the delisting of players who are regarded as 'list cloggers' but not senior players, especially players like Taz who play each week and stop the flood gates from opening.

What would you get for Taz? A second round pick?

Bloody stupid idea.

Goldy and Cunners dito

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a Fitzroy supporter and I can tell you Masked Avenger has hit the nail on the head. It was so dispiriting out at the Western Oval getting thrashed every week in 95/96. I can support the delisting of players who are regarded as 'list cloggers' but not senior players, especially players like Taz who play each week and stop the flood gates from opening.

Bloody stupid idea.

Goldy and Cunners dito
Well said. Theres surely enough room on any list for a couple of entertainers. Waitey was great to watch recently. Cunners for his uncompromising style. Still love the watching the tummy tap he gave vince. Confident zurhaar simpkin and TT can provide plenty going forward.

Bloody stupid idea.

Goldy and Cunners dito

I doubt we’re actively seeking to trade. If he wanted out, theres nothing gained by keeping a disgruntled player. Anyway it’s all moot, as it seems he happy at North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back