Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

940050-left.gif
In the past 11 games, he has had only nine goals kicked on him.
940141-right.gif

TIGHT TAZ

- Robbie Tarrant has conceded just 9 goal in his past 11 games

- Before that, the key back gave up 19 goals from the first 11 matches

Main Opponents since Round 12

Round 23 v Jeremy Cameron (GWS) 1 goal Cameron’s 2016 average is 2.7

Round 22 v Lance Franklin (Syd) 0 goals Franklin’s 2016 average is 3.4

Round 21 v Jack Gunston (Haw) 1 goal Gunston’s 2016 average is 2.2

Round 20 v Tom Boyd (WB) 0 goals Boyd’s 2016 average is 0.9

Round 19 v Nick Riewoldt/Blake Acres (StK) 1 goal Riewoldt’s 2016 average is 2.0, Acres 0.4

Round 18 v Travis Cloke (Coll) 0 goals Cloke’s 2016 average is 1.3

Round 17 v Charlie Dixon (PTA) 0 goals Dixon’s 2016 average is 1.7

Round 16 v Josh Kennedy (WCE) 4 goals Kennedy’s 2016 average is 3.6

Round 14 v Taylor Walker (Adel) 1 goal Walker’s 2016 average is 2.0

Round 13 v Jack Gunston/James Sicily (Haw) 1 goal Gunston’s 2016 average is 2.2, Sicily 1.4

Round 12 v Rhys Stanley (Geel) 0 goals Stanley’s 2016 average is 0.8

Statistics: CHAMPION DATA

But but Alex Rance had only 7 kicked on him last round. He wins. Funny how the selection panel has ex Richmond players on it and an ex Richmond coach.

But but Alex Rance had only 7 kicked on him last round. He wins. Funny how the selection panel has ex Richmond players on it and an ex Richmond coach.

Alex Rance is reputation not substance.

Has many brain fades and undisciplined idiotic things happen.

I mean sure Spud does undisciplined rough them up type stuff this guy whacks peoples heads into the turf while they're prone on the deck.

Alex Rance is commentator regurgitation which is hardly subliminal.

He is a gun they tells ya all game... and how good did Buddy play to kick 7 on the great Alex Rance.

Meanwhile...donut city week after week on Tarrant with the odd Joe the Goose and they were injured or they had a bad day or bad supply or the umpires did not reward the forward or some other excuse other than Tarrant beat them hands down.

Understand the comments on here - but I'm really not too fussed about AA selection. Just a media fap fest and adds $$$ to players contract negs (NA to Tarrant as has just resigned)
B+Fs positions are far more valuable as they gauge the role the player has played to the teams win strategy and overall value

Unlucky Taz but - meh - whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL has gone full *. I mean, seriously? Wtf does Robbie have to do in order to be considered 'worthy' to the selectors?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has many brain fades and undisciplined idiotic things happen.

I mean sure Spud does undisciplined rough them up type stuff this guy whacks peoples heads into the turf while they're prone on the deck.

According to the commentators Rance is the best defender since General Custer..........FLOGS!

According to the commentators Rance is the best defender since General Custer..........FLOGS!
If Rance was playing at the Battle of Little Big Horn the cowboys would only have lost by 13 arrows.

I spoke to an assistant coach at another club, who said their plan with Rance is to stand off when he takes a mark, and force him to make a disposal decision.

I'm not sure why you're all directing your anger at Rance. He clearly had a better year than Talia and McGovern and would've been one of the first players picked from any position. Disappointing for Robbie but it wasn't Rance that stole his spot. You mention his round 23 effort against Sydney, but Talia's round 23 effort in a game that had a huge amount riding on it was even worse. Buddy in round 23 and Tom Lynch are about the only games where he was beaten by his opponent.

Chill out guys. All Australian is a joke. They picked 8 inside mids, no ruck/forward and Matthew Boyd. Nobody should take this thing seriously. It's like the Brownlow, all prestige no actual substance/meaning.
Robbie needs to take up pokemon

I'm not sure why you're all directing your anger at Rance. He clearly had a better year than Talia and McGovern and would've been one of the first players picked from any position. Disappointing for Robbie but it wasn't Rance that stole his spot. You mention his round 23 effort against Sydney, but Talia's round 23 effort in a game that had a huge amount riding on it was even worse. Buddy in round 23 and Tom Lynch are about the only games where he was beaten by his opponent.
It's not at Rance so much as at the media lovefest that makes them exclaim in wonder at everything Rance does every week - Rioli-style - so they have got lazy and don't judge him by bye same standards as everyone else over the season. "Rance is AA fullback" just gets filed away as an unarguable case. And this year it was worth an argument. Taz was also better this year, across the whole season, than Talia.

Because Tarrant was better than their best backman who is Rance which is what makes it a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back