Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it'll end up being like this.
1631948629531.png

We all still love Narni.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough, I just see it differently, as we cannot play three talls down back. I know we can't , just doesn't work. So unless we don't play McKay what is our other option?
I agree ,
coincidentally or not I saw BMac from absolutely starring all start to mid season - he come of age , held his own & some (maybe because we had no one else at the time to help him ) …..
But only until Taz came back from injury/ illness back into the side.
I couldn’t help but notice BMac change as a player instantly.. not sure if he thought Taz was the senior leadership player , leaving the responsibility back to him etc …
But I remember that first game Taz came back in Tassie … we were in a world of confusion out of control in that back line …. It took while to getting used to Taz again in our backline & I really don’t think they quite gelled even to the end .

anything other than nothing... end of 3rd, or 3rd after ours sounds about right to me... but in actually hoping we go CCJ for Taz straight swap after telling the tigs that we walk CCJ for PSD for di#king us with Taz (tigs compo doesnt get depleted for their other guy either)
It'll be nothing. We got Waite from Carlton for 2 years and they got nothing too. Similar ages, and both got 2 year deals.

"Waite, 31, has signed a two-year deal with the Roos, having played 184 games and kicked 252 goals at Carlton after arriving as a father-son selection in 2001."

Winter

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't expect this one.

We know what entity McKay already is, but this puts a lot of pressure on Corr.

Sad, and wish he would stay, but we can't play 32+ year olds guys till they're run into the ground either

He's paid back and then some for the faith the club put in him after his early injury woes. All the best Taz.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
With shinboner magic and kangatime on this one.

Robbie has been a great player but we put years into him where he was finding form or couldn't get on the park.

He's a leader of the club when we need leaders and he's opted to walk despite us trying to keep him.

His choice, life goes on but not going to send him a dozen red roses at Punt Road either.

By the same token, any talk of 38 is off the table IMO. Late token pick or PSD for CCJ. I think it's highly unlikely Taz recaptures his form but we'll need that extra bit of backup now.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Robbie has been a great player but we put years into him where he was finding form or couldn't get on the park.

He's a leader of the club when we need leaders and he's opted to walk despite us trying to keep him.

His choice, life goes on but not going to send him a dozen red roses at Punt Road either.
Oh yeh; I was at that Dogs Bronx Cheers game

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The other take is that Taz was pretty loyal to the Club when others were hardly falling over themselves to join us. He would have walked into every other team but he stuck fat.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
It'll be nothing. We got Waite from Carlton for 2 years and they got nothing too. Similar ages, and both got 2 year deals.

"Waite, 31, has signed a two-year deal with the Roos, having played 184 games and kicked 252 goals at Carlton after arriving as a father-son selection in 2001."

Isaac Smith is the same age and went to the Cats for two years last year, netting Hawthorn a pick after their third rounder. I'd say Tarrant was still going to be on decent coin with us so I'd think he'd be close to the wage Smith got.

Nobody knows how that bloody system works.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Turns 33 early in season 2022, I personally doubt we can play Tarrant, Corr and McKay in the same side. Has been a great footballer for us. Not sure with where the Tigers are at they should be recruiting a 33 year old. Anyways, kind of nice to have one of our FA's garnering some interest.

No way he suits our current list profile and I suggest should he take up the offer it will be with our blessing.

Exciting times I tell yas.

Looks like the tigers are going all Geelong top up - to snag another flag.

Comes from the right town for it, but his brother would have started with Collingwood when he was about seven.
I reckon it might just be a bit of a factor, if he did. Every single one of us when playing when we were younger would jump at the chance to play for who we barrack for. Imo.

Back