Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired a long time...

This is always something of a danger when you start openly letting blokes like Higgins walk out the door inferring that you won't stand in their way. Personally, I don't think Richmond have what it takes to get back there now, but he can only go where he's offered a role I guess.

Good chance in the long run better for us, still would have preferred he play out his time with us.
I reckon he would have been a shot at the Bulldogs and could make a real difference. I know he’s accepted an offer but until it’s all signed I reckon you could change your mind. He would have a better shot at a flag there IMO.

Dunno. Maybe this website is run by incorrigible liars. What do you reckon?

Love how the Qld coppers arrested Stack (who reportedly wasn't involved in any altercation too) but not CCJ. Qld coppers hey. What a pack of campaigners.
.....ok?

Not really. The whole conversation started when your mate Theo made a whiny post about how unfair it would be if we used our superior bargaining position to our best advantage. He even asserted (without basis) that using the PSD is our first choice, though his subsequent posts show he actually believes trading might work. Both options are available to us, so it's appropriate that they're considered, no?

Yeah, it's annoying to Theo that we have the upper hand on this by virtue of our bottom finish. He need to get over it. Do you agree with him that North should simply cede our advantage in the interests of giving Richmond a better deal?

The thread will become more interesting if your answer is yes, as I would love to hear an unbiased justification.
Quality post at 4 am!
(Or any other time)

Why is it a dog act?

CCJ is a required player for us too.

If you value Tarrant so highly why not offer a 2nd year prior to Richmond's offer?

It's basically been team policy to do one year deals post 30+ t the Roos for as long as I remember.

I have no issue in Tarrant exercising his rights, personally I'd rather be a one club player but that's his choice and will likely benefit our kids with a spot available.

Driving a wedge in players who are part of another team's leadership group, in my opinion, isn't right. Permitted yes, but morally poor, like much of society these days.

5. Robbie Tarrant (North Melbourne to Richmond)
Why go for a 32-year-old, you say?

Because he’s got an outstanding record on the game’s best forwards and, apart from this year’s surgery to remove a growth, he has missed only four games since 2015 after a 2014 season wrecked by a tibia stress reaction.

So, there is no reason the Tigers won’t get three excellent years out of the free agent as the anchor of the club’s defence, freeing up Noah Balta to be his explosive self on the second or third tall, to allow Dylan Grimes a superior match-up and give Nathan Broad the space to continue his excellent form in a more offensive half-back role.

The flow-on effect from him shutting down the opposition’s best forward goes all the way down the chain.

5. Robbie Tarrant (North Melbourne to Richmond)
Why go for a 32-year-old, you say?

Because he’s got an outstanding record on the game’s best forwards and, apart from this year’s surgery to remove a growth, he has missed only four games since 2015 after a 2014 season wrecked by a tibia stress reaction.

So, there is no reason the Tigers won’t get three excellent years out of the free agent as the anchor of the club’s defence, freeing up Noah Balta to be his explosive self on the second or third tall, to allow Dylan Grimes a superior match-up and give Nathan Broad the space to continue his excellent form in a more offensive half-back role.

The flow-on effect from him shutting down the opposition’s best forward goes all the way down the chain.

Now the media have finally discovered who Robbie Tarrant is, he might as well get himself fitted for for All Australian blazer now.

Not really. The whole conversation started when your mate Theo made a whiny post about how unfair it would be if we used our superior bargaining position to our best advantage. He even asserted (without basis) that using the PSD is our first choice, though his subsequent posts show he actually believes trading might work. Both options are available to us, so it's appropriate that they're considered, no?

Yeah, it's annoying to Theo that we have the upper hand on this by virtue of our bottom finish. He need to get over it. Do you agree with him that North should simply cede our advantage in the interests of giving Richmond a better deal?

The thread will become more interesting if your answer is yes, as I would love to hear an unbiased justification.
I’m not sure why you North supporters get so riled up by this - I’ve never complained and sooked about anything, pretty much just stated facts and corrected any misconceptions you have had about the PSD use in the past.

The only whining I’ve seen was old made who couldn’t comprehend Richmond getting into Tarrant and him leaving the club.

I’m not sure why you North supporters get so riled up by this - I’ve never complained and sooked about anything, pretty much just stated facts and corrected any misconceptions you have had about the PSD use in the past.

The only whining I’ve seen was old made who couldn’t comprehend Richmond getting into Tarrant and him leaving the club.

Assuming you mean "old mate" and probably me. Haven't had time to read all your comments, I have limited time to engage on BigFooty (I also have work and a family that I like to spend some time with).

Pretty sure I haven't had it personal about you, maybe walk back to your own board for a while.

Assuming you mean "old mate" and probably me. Haven't had time to read all your comments, I have limited time to engage on BigFooty (I also have work and a family that I like to spend some time with).

Pretty sure I haven't had it personal about you, maybe walk back to your own board for a while.
You have 1,000 more posts than me. Why the reference to work and family? I’ve never made any comment about anything other than Tarrant, CCJ and the trade that may or may not happen. Weird tangent to go on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have 1,000 more posts than me. Why the reference to work and family? I’ve never made any comment about anything other than Tarrant, CCJ and the trade that may or may not happen. Weird tangent to go on.
I don't mind oppo fans posting reasonably on here and think you are faring better than the average for posters on oppo boards, where they are routinely sh*t upon. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up close to the pin but if it ends up FA / PSD we (may) gain compo and you lose some so a straight swap is actually a better deal for you than we need to do.

On posting numbers, it's kinda interesting that you appear to have been on bf for 9 years with 143 posts, 19 of which are on this thread.

I don't mind oppo fans posting reasonably on here and think you are faring better than the average for posters on oppo boards, where they are routinely sh*t upon. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up close to the pin but if it ends up FA / PSD we (may) gain compo and you lose some so a straight swap is actually a better deal for you than we need to do.

On posting numbers, it's kinda interesting that you appear to have been on bf for 9 years with 143 posts, 19 of which are on this thread.
I’ve been a deep plant, waiting for 9 years to strike against North supporters.

I agree, I think it’ll be a trade that you win in. I just see the PSD as a last resort, as opposed to a starting point as some have suggested.

I’m very confident in the fact that trade will get done, so much so that you can put me down for a North membership if he ends up in the PSD (or any other draft)!

How disingenuous of you. The only whining was you having a sook, despite claiming the contrary, and making a pathetically weak threat that North better watch out if they're not nice to Richmond in the Tarrant / CCJ transfers.

I suspect it's Snake's Alt account........he's back!

How disingenuous of you. The only whining was you having a sook, despite claiming the contrary, and making a pathetically weak threat that North better watch out if they're not nice to Richmond in the Tarrant / CCJ transfers.
Again, that's a false mis-representation. Never did anything close to a threat, just explained how the industry worked.

Has the bloke who claimed Adelaide never made a formal offer for Hately responded yet also? Just trying to make sure all the facts are straight.

Again, that's a false mis-representation. Never did anything close to a threat, just explained how the industry worked.

Has the bloke who claimed Adelaide never made a formal offer for Hately responded yet also? Just trying to make sure all the facts are straight.

I assume you mean either false representation or misrepresentation.

Either way, it's wrong and you're now backing off from the tone of your post that kicked off the entire discussion.

It's also incredibly condescending to suggest that we need you to come here and explain "how the industry works". What makes you think you know more, when it's clear that the basis of your post is simply you being pissed off by the possibility of Richmond coming out of the Tarrant / CCJ transfers worse off? Your original post (below) still sounds like a whinge to me. Pathetic threat bolded.

I think rushing to the PSD is a bad idea. It very may well get used, but to use it as a starting point would benefit you in the short-term, but the same list managers will be back to work the following year and I’m sure they would be looking to get one back and even one out. E.g Dodoro always gets a lot for players leaving the Bombers, but look at what they have to stump up to get players into the club (Smith, Shiel, Dunkley if he had of come).

There’s a reason the only teams who have gotten rinsed in the PSD are the two expansion clubs as list managers have been spewing about the concessions they’ve been getting for some time.

I assume you mean either false representation or misrepresentation.

Either way, it's wrong and you're now backing off from the tone of your post that kicked off the entire discussion.

It's also incredibly condescending to suggest that we need you to come here and explain "how the industry works". What makes you think you know more, when it's clear that the basis of your post is simply you being pissed off by the possibility of Richmond coming out of the Tarrant / CCJ transfers worse off? Your original post (below) still sounds like a whinge to me. Pathetic threat bolded.
How is that a threat at the Kangas? I literally referenced Dodoro as an example, so if you are taking that as a "threat" you make need to grow an extra layer of skin. And wouldn't it make sense if someone scratches your back, you would scratch theirs? And if someone cooks you, you are probably going to wait for a chance to get them back also. Happens all the time with father-son nominations. There's been talk of North by-passing bidding on Daicos to do the Pies a favour, so they are "owed one" in future. It's really how any industry works.

And I apologise, but unfortunately a few blokes on here did need it explained for them and that's nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't see any backing off, as I said I'd previously I'd buy a North membership if he goes to the PSD. So my money is where my mouth is at the moment.

How is that a threat at the Kangas? I literally referenced Dodoro as an example, so if you are taking that as a "threat" you make need to grow an extra layer of skin. And wouldn't it make sense if someone scratches your back, you would scratch theirs? And if someone cooks you, you are probably going to wait for a chance to get them back also. Happens all the time with father-son nominations. There's been talk of North by-passing bidding on Daicos to do the Pies a favour, so they are "owed one" in future. It's really how any industry works.

And I apologise, but unfortunately a few blokes on here did need it explained for them and that's nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't see any backing off, as I said I'd previously I'd buy a North membership if he goes to the PSD. So my money is where my mouth is at the moment.

Despite your continued backing up, let's be clear here - it's obvious that you don't want to see us get CCJ for nothing and posted what you thought was a warning against us playing hard ball. Aka a pathetic threat that no-one here is the slightest bit concerned about.

I see you're still patting yourself on the back for your brilliant insight into how the industry works, too. Mate, it's basic stuff. Deal-making 101. What's really embarrassing is you thinking we need to hear this most basic of concepts from you.

The rest is just fluff. There's nothing to hold you to the empty promise to buy a North membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back