Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be like Wells and they will claim it’s the best footy he has ever played when he has been doing it, unheralded for years.
Daniel played, I think, 15 games at Collingwood? over three years, at $500k a year? Taz won't have to do too much, to be better than 100k a game. The bit that really disappoints me about Wells is the post-career role in the Pies aboriginal academy, which with their history of progressive and inclusive multiculturalism sits a bit oddly

Daniel played, I think, 15 games at Collingwood? over three years, at $500k a year? Taz won't have to do too much, to be better than 100k a game. The bit that really disappoints me about Wells is the post-career role in the Pies aboriginal academy, which with their history of progressive and inclusive multiculturalism sits a bit oddly
Yeah it just irked me when he played a good game for the Pies and kicked a couple of goals and the commentators were claiming it was his best game ever when all North supporters had been seeing him do the same or better for years.

Yeah, I've found that to be a bit odd also, but not all players can/want to be in the mould of a boomer who has spent his whole life at the one club. Whether they do or don't stay involved - the main thing that I hope for is that there isn't a reason that they wouldn't want to be.

Wtf man.

I thought this was going to be something uplifting, like Robbie quitting immediately to go to Hollywood as Hugh Jackman's stunt double.

Instead you just drive the dagger into the heart instead.

Shame on you GR. Shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he right to go this week?

With Kennedy out, Allen out, we are set for a huge showing if Robbie can keep an underdone Darling under wraps. Wont get a better chance to get our first win of the year then on Sunday.

With the Covid and concussion protocols already giving us nightmares, I’m so glad the club made the right decision to navigate through this tricky period with the right balance across the list.

To think he could have ended his career running around with the dickheads at Punt Road.

Is he right to go this week?

With Kennedy out, Allen out, we are set for a huge showing if Robbie can keep an underdone Darling under wraps. Wont get a better chance to get our first win of the year then on Sunday.

With the Covid and concussion protocols already giving us nightmares, I’m so glad the club made the right decision to navigate through this tricky period with the right balance across the list.

To think he could have ended his career running around with the dickheads at Punt Road.
I told you not to drop more than one of those trips until the lures had worn off.

I told you not to drop more than one of those trips until the lures had worn off.
SoS. Come on. Its not like we gave Josh Walker a 1 year and lowballed the vice captain. I dont want to live in that kind of reality!!

Then again we have so much key position depth with Ziebell, Bonar and McGuinnes ready to go at any time.

SoS. Come on. Its not like we gave Josh Walker a 1 year and lowballed the vice captain. I dont want to live in that kind of reality!!

Then again we have so much key position depth with Ziebell, Bonar and McGuinnes ready to go at any time.
Don't worry. I saw the point you were making. But if it isn't you or I taking drugs, then someone else has to be!

Drop It Season 8 GIF

Robbie Tarrant, the former North Melbourne veteran, will be in the selection frame but is still embracing the Tigers’ defensive philosophy. He had an early afternoon in the VFL clash against Box Hill last Sunday.

Just wondering about his move and its shared similarities to Wells’ move. Both copped constant injuries and they showed glimpses of their best form, but ultimately they tarnished their north careers for just a few extra games and extra cash.

Just wondering about his move and its shared similarities to Wells’ move. Both copped constant injuries and they showed glimpses of their best form, but ultimately they tarnished their north careers for just a few extra games and extra cash.
Yes agree totally

They don’t get the love of being a one club player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back