Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been the captain from the get go! Only one that has a crack week in, week out and leads by example. I suppose holding the back half together is enough for him

A+ Gun. Vastly underrated in the media. Wouldn't mind upping his money this off season. The guy will get 800k per season offers when he is out of contract.

Dunno if im too keen on wood coming straight back into the side, be typical of his luck and the hawks to rough him up enough to send him back to the surgeons.
Just park goldy in the goal square

Sorry Tectonic, I know your username's related to Tectonic plate movement but every post you make leaves my head back in the 80's and 90's glory days of clubbing as a distraction.

wj3yxA6r4Su6gCaQbx6Id3EcnIkeAovw0HcdC9WaXLR_dLoWU9_-ZWFMH3awFsxvUCzctTn9H3klaoLGB-zAxM4KLsM0hJFN30Y6jg=w177-h100-nc

From the Herald-Sun:

TARRANT OUT OF TOUCH

IT’S fair to say North Melbourne defender Robbie Tarrant wasn’t expecting his call-up to Australia’s International Rules team.

At least he’s starting with a blank canvass after revealing he hasn’t actually touched a round ball before Thursday’s press conference.

“I might have to touch it for the first time now actually. Who knows? We’ve got three or four training sessions before the first game so we’ll see how we go,” Tarrant said.

Given his defensive mindset, he was asked if he was up for the goal-keeper role: “I’m not sure. I reckon that’s the toughest role out there.

“I haven’t really thought too much about it. I’m up for anything, wherever they want me to play.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Herald-Sun:

TARRANT OUT OF TOUCH

IT’S fair to say North Melbourne defender Robbie Tarrant wasn’t expecting his call-up to Australia’s International Rules team.

At least he’s starting with a blank canvass after revealing he hasn’t actually touched a round ball before Thursday’s press conference.

“I might have to touch it for the first time now actually. Who knows? We’ve got three or four training sessions before the first game so we’ll see how we go,” Tarrant said.

Given his defensive mindset, he was asked if he was up for the goal-keeper role: “I’m not sure. I reckon that’s the toughest role out there.

“I haven’t really thought too much about it. I’m up for anything, wherever they want me to play.”
Read: ‘I couldn’t care less about this bullshit.’

Last edited:
Who allowed this? If he gets injured in this bullshit game I'm going to tear down AFL headquarters.

Brown too. Brown has never completed a pre-season and off he goes to play a meaningless game. AFL selecting our 2 most popular players...it won't work. I'm still not watching!

I know a lot of you don’t like it but it is incredible that Tarrant is now playing for Australia with the best in the league after where he was 3 years ago. Since being a forward who probably didn’t know whether he’d play again in 2014 to becoming one of the top defenders in the competition is something pretty special.

Also, Tarrant has been good so far in the International Rules. It’s an entertaining game and while Brown’s excellent marking and kicking in the AFL doesn’t help him in this game, Tarrant’s defending and tackling is working well.

Who allowed this? If he gets injured in this bullshit game I'm going to tear down AFL headquarters.

Brown too. Brown has never completed a pre-season and off he goes to play a meaningless game. AFL selecting our 2 most popular players...it won't work. I'm still not watching!

Totally agree. The club is good in allowing players some scope with things they want to pursue in life but allowing 2 critical players who don't exactly have a clean injury history to play in this utter farce is a strange call.

Totally agree. The club is good in allowing players some scope with things they want to pursue in life but allowing 2 critical players who don't exactly have a clean injury history to play in this utter farce is a strange call.

I don't think the serious injury factor was particularly high mate.

They each basically stood at one end of a soccer pitch and ran around in a 30 metre area in what was virtually a non contact sport.

They would be a bigger chance of getting a serious injury at training.

I don't think the serious injury factor was particularly high mate.

They each basically stood at one end of a soccer pitch and ran around in a 30 metre area in what was virtually a non contact sport.

They would be a bigger chance of getting a serious injury at training.

I get ya mate and hopefully you're right.

But getting a preseason into Brown is so valuable I'd have been banning him from certain positions on honeymoon let alone allowing him to fly home early to run around in some useless junket.

I get ya mate and hopefully you're right.

But getting a preseason into Brown is so valuable I'd have been banning him from certain positions on honeymoon let alone allowing him to fly home early to run around in some useless junket.
Exactly. Hiking in iceland? Nope. The club should have given him approved places to travel to. Or jazzed up the change rooms and let them stay there. They can stroll across the beautiful training ground. Shop in melbourne city (short tram ride) and it has a free gym. You can honeymoon when you retire!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back