Player Watch #25: Robbie Tarrant

northbergs

Senior List
Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would be great if he can play another two years and hopefully get a good year of finals in there somewhere. As others have mentioned, one of those heart and soul players.

Can also vouch for his ‘top bloke’ status after walking home along Chapel St one afternoon in November last year, not long after lockdown. Taz and some other great North people of the 21st Century - Spud, Hamish and Robbie Nahas were having a well earned drink out the front of the Somewhere Bar (recent infamy earned as a Covid exposure site).

Clearly, I couldn’t help myself as a mad North fan so had to introduce myself, and with no hesitation Robbie offered to join them for a drink. I politely declined, but walked home with the chest pumped out, only to have it deflated by my daughter who didn’t quite understand the importance of said encounter to her old man’s ego!

Merlin007

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would be great if he can play another two years and hopefully get a good year of finals in there somewhere. As others have mentioned, one of those heart and soul players.

Can also vouch for his ‘top bloke’ status after walking home along Chapel St one afternoon in November last year, not long after lockdown. Taz and some other great North people of the 21st Century - Spud, Hamish and Robbie Nahas were having a well earned drink out the front of the Somewhere Bar (recent infamy earned as a Covid exposure site).

Clearly, I couldn’t help myself as a mad North fan so had to introduce myself, and with no hesitation Robbie offered to join them for a drink. I politely declined, but walked home with the chest pumped out, only to have it deflated by my daughter who didn’t quite understand the importance of said encounter to her old man’s ego!
good story; have the drink next time

Themanbun

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The optimistic aspect is that Robbie plays a position which blokes remain productive in to their mid 30's.

It's feasible that he could still be playing in 2024.
Aside from the positions where blokes get battered and bruised week in, week out, I reckon we'll start to see the shelf life of AFL players trend upwards in general. Lots of people love the shiny new toy of a new 18 year old coming into the side, but gone are the days when blokes fell off a cliff at 30.

Remove this Banner Ad