Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

nah but the club should be the one to break the news

As suggested above, the club would have been very sensitive about this story, awaiting Robbie's okay to report. That's not amateur. If your barb was aimed at SEN or Sam Edmund, what more do you expect? This is their profession, it's what they do.

Yeah, I suspect that's why the broom went through this thread earlier. No doubt the club was waiting on the okay from Robbie that his partner and his parents had been told before such a sensitive story was released. It's no doubt a traumatic time for the family as they wait for the results. Our thoughts should be with them. Seems like SEN, Sam Edmund and now Giantroo would rather fight over the scoop than concern themselves about those most affected.

Exactly, I had heard about a "health issue" with Robbie yesterday, before anyone posted about it here, and didn't post it here for several reasons that are so obvious not to need spelling out.

I know I'm not alone either.

Anyway, best of luck Robbie - get well soon.

"'This is something I’ve been aware of and had elected to address now rather than wait for the end of the season to have it removed,' Tarrant told North Media."

I admit I don't know much about these things, but hopefully this is an indication that it's not too serious. All the best, Robbie. I couldn't care if he never plays a game for the club again, as long as he's healthy.

you'd assume his final year before retiring
hope he gets back for a stretch of farewell games

No one knows at this stage - a mass doesn't have to be anything serious necessarily. Could quite easily be benign or they got it all and this is just like any abdominal surgery going forwards, not career ending.

Let's hope for his and his families sake, not even football related, that it is benign.

"'This is something I’ve been aware of and had elected to address now rather than wait for the end of the season to have it removed,' Tarrant told North Media."

I admit I don't know much about these things, but hopefully this is an indication that it's not too serious. All the best, Robbie. I couldn't care if he never plays a game for the club again, as long as he's healthy.
I do know a lot about these things, but not any of the details specific to Tarrant. It's good that we have posters respecting privacy for him and his family.

Robbie unfortunately has had a career with more adversity than most and always come through. I pray that this situation is no different and he is
fit and healthy again soon. Thoughts are with Robbie at this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think the one thing that might galvanise posters on this board would be a club stalwart and much loved defender going through a life-changing medical experience. Colour me shocked that it's not the case. Can we please put the shitty fighting to one side for a few days at least? First and last warning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back