Yabby Medal votes: 0

Averages

Kicks: 5.7 per game
Handballs: 3.4 per game
Disposals: 9.1 per game
Marks: 3.1 per game
Goals: 1.0 per game

Standout

Round 18, 2018 (versus Carlton): Brought back into the side after a long lay-off (first game since 2 April 2018 against Geelong), Schoenmakers had a season high 14 disposals, took eight marks and kicked two goals to be a solid contributor in a big victory over the Bluebaggers.

Shocker

Round 2, 2018 (versus Geelong): Barely troubled the scorers (one behind) or the stats collectors (five disposals), Schoenmakers was just about invisible against the Cats as the Hawks prevailed by a point. Wouldn't play another game at senior level until round 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He can look like the most skillful player in our team one minute, and go completely missing for the next 10. I thought the 2015 GF was where it finally clicked for Schoey, but injuries all through 2016 and intermittently since have put him back at square 1.

Dewnior

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So, Schoey will finally be playing a game this weekend albeit for Box Hill.

What's been the go with him? Clarko has been cagey about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bedi

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any updates on this forgotten man? A lot of players have gone past him. Am assuming most likely it'll be his last year, but hoping somehow he finds his way back into the seniors. I think he's 28, so could easily go on if he gets himself fit.

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Though I thought he should have moved on for his own sake, I love the fact he's on our list. From all reports is the most genuine bloke you'll ever meet and the type of player that makes a footy club.

I'll forever be glad to see guys like Whitecross, Schoey and others stick around long term for that one reason.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he had been picked by a team willing to play him as a leading forward and with a game plan that accommodated that, he would have been a much better player.

The irony of his inability to break into the seniors now is that the current style of play is much more suited to forwards of his type, especially the 666 set-up that provides the space for leading forwards.

Top Bottom