Yabby Medal votes: 0

Averages

Kicks: 5.7 per game
Handballs: 3.4 per game
Disposals: 9.1 per game
Marks: 3.1 per game
Goals: 1.0 per game

Standout

Round 18, 2018 (versus Carlton): Brought back into the side after a long lay-off (first game since 2 April 2018 against Geelong), Schoenmakers had a season high 14 disposals, took eight marks and kicked two goals to be a solid contributor in a big victory over the Bluebaggers.

Shocker

Round 2, 2018 (versus Geelong): Barely troubled the scorers (one behind) or the stats collectors (five disposals), Schoenmakers was just about invisible against the Cats as the Hawks prevailed by a point. Wouldn't play another game at senior level until round 18.

Despite having a day out in the big one, he has had a career that has delivered below expectation for a whole range of reasons. Is 28 and nearly cooked.

Is this dude still on our list? interesting that we none of Schoenmakers Obrien or Lewis are getting games even with the Rough out injured.

Is this dude still on our list? interesting that we none of Schoenmakers Obrien or Lewis are getting games even with the Rough out injured.
Schoey had an interrupted preseason, played for Box Hill in their win on Sunday though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any updates on this forgotten man? A lot of players have gone past him. Am assuming most likely it'll be his last year, but hoping somehow he finds his way back into the seniors. I think he's 28, so could easily go on if he gets himself fit.

I feel for the big Schoe. I feel if he had been allowed to get a good, uninterrupted run at playing as a forward that he would have had a lot more games like the 2015 grand final.

Though I thought he should have moved on for his own sake, I love the fact he's on our list. From all reports is the most genuine bloke you'll ever meet and the type of player that makes a footy club.

I'll forever be glad to see guys like Whitecross, Schoey and others stick around long term for that one reason.

If he had been picked by a team willing to play him as a leading forward and with a game plan that accommodated that, he would have been a much better player.

The irony of his inability to break into the seniors now is that the current style of play is much more suited to forwards of his type, especially the 666 set-up that provides the space for leading forwards.

I think there’s a chance that Schoenmakers will be delisted and then re-drafted as a rookie. That frees up an extra list spot for next year and at the same time keeping him for depth purposes given the lack of key position stocks on the list.

May have been able to get more coin leaving the club at the end of 2017(i believe) but chose to stay, credit to the type of person he is.
Schoe and Shiles are in business together. May be that is the reason he is staying.

Sent from my G3416 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back