Player Watch #25 Tom McDonald - In to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Much respect to Tom. Not afraid to speak his mind and it triggers a few snowflakes along the way which is always hilarious.

Unluke some, I actually do enjoy listening to Tom speak instead of some of the robots running around with personalities of a rock.

Can only assume it’s a cultural difference between our countries. Tom seemed completely reasonable to me, even though I don’t agree with him about every single thing.

He's gotten the most out of his abilities I reckon. Turned himself into a fairly reliable forward and decent kick for goal after being a pretty decent KPD. Can't think of too many who have gone from backman to forward with as much success. Usually it's the other way around isn't it? Anyway, was a selfish SOB on the weekend I thought on a couple of occasions, and most likely will be dropped for Jacko, so I'm guessing his 200th will have to wait. Not sure he's best 22 atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely claimed the prestigious board lightning rod award for 2022. Leaving James Jordon in his dust.
That would imply anyone remembers a single thing about James Jordon.

That would imply anyone remembers a single thing about James Jordon.

You have people fighting for James, you either love him or hate him.

Hunt another but nobody does it quite like Thomas.

He's gotten the most out of his abilities I reckon. Turned himself into a fairly reliable forward and decent kick for goal after being a pretty decent KPD. Can't think of too many who have gone from backman to forward with as much success. Usually it's the other way around isn't it? Anyway, was a selfish SOB on the weekend I thought on a couple of occasions, and most likely will be dropped for Jacko, so I'm guessing his 200th will have to wait. Not sure he's best 22 atm.
Neita up there with the best examples

Surely won't be dropped ahead of game 200. Ruthless clubs breed success, but this club has also made some really poor calls in the past regarding loyal servants (thinking Junior Mc, Greeny, Moloney) which they would want to take back if they could. Play him for the 200th, like they did for Jonesy's 300th last year, and then reconsider the following week.

Surely won't be dropped ahead of game 200. Ruthless clubs breed success, but this club has also made some really poor calls in the past regarding loyal servants (thinking Junior Mc, Greeny, Moloney) which they would want to take back if they could. Play him for the 200th, like they did for Jonesy's 300th last year, and then reconsider the following week.
Really don't think this is a factor. He's clearly gonna play another game for us it doesn't have to be this week. If he was 33 then maybe but he's got plenty of time left.

The frustrating thing is neither tmac nor Weid are grasping their opportunity. Both keep turning in mediocre performances so there isn’t a clear cut second KPF behind brown. I still think TMac is cooked and the only reason we extended him was to push his salary out over extra years, but Weid just can’t put it together for several weeks at a time.

His early season form last year was sublime, shame he couldn't keep that going, this year is turning out much the same. Has provided some of my favourite moments for the dees over the years though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back