Player Watch #25 Tom McDonald - In to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just after the mid season draft! Awesome timing! Just found some form too did Tom. Big loss. We don't have anyone else with his versatility. Might push forward JVR's debut because Weid and BBB just don't work together and Mitch Brown is a break in case of emergency type of guy.

I don't have much hope for Tmac for the rest of the year, he's shown in the past he needs to be 100% fit to have an impact and he'll be nowhere near that off the back of 1-2 scratches. Hopefully this 2 week rest is exactly what B.Brown needs to get himself back into some form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have much hope for Tmac for the rest of the year, he's shown in the past he needs to be 100% fit to have an impact and he'll be nowhere near that off the back of 1-2 scratches. Hopefully this 2 week rest is exactly what B.Brown needs to get himself back into some form.
Brown looks terrible when he's not 100% aswell

It was a breakfast function at the hotel the team stayed at . I didn’t personally have breakfast with Goody but you got about 5 mins with him in small groups.
He said the team is planning for not having him available but he should be ready for the first week of finals.

Much more confident about our chances after listening to him talk. He was very confident we’d beat Freo and he knows where things aren’t quite working and he thinks it’s easily fixable.

He actually talks really well

You did? Or Tom McDonald did? Most importantly, WHAT DID CRAZY GOODY EAT?
Goody did 50 laps around the car park while Tmac ate an entire pig.

It was a breakfast function at the hotel the team stayed at . I didn’t personally have breakfast with Goody but you got about 5 mins with him in small groups.
He said the team is planning for not having him available but he should be ready for the first week of finals.

Much more confident about our chances after listening to him talk. He was very confident we’d beat Freo and he knows where things aren’t quite working and he thinks it’s easily fixable.

He actually talks really well
I would hope so. My worry about tmac would be his fitness being down and not having game time going into a final. Though as others have stated it isn't as if weid has been adding much atm anyway.

I like this thread because you can see the point when everyone went for wanting him dropped for being rubbish to believing he was a key pillar in the structure of the side. Myself included. We need to change the game plan because that isn't sustainable, even pre-injury.

I like this thread because you can see the point when everyone went for wanting him dropped for being rubbish to believing he was a key pillar in the structure of the side. Myself included. We need to change the game plan because that isn't sustainable, even pre-injury.
That his presence was so missed last year was truly grim. He's had maybe two and a half good seasons as a forward but without him we've looked completely rudderless. Desperately need JVR to come on this year and give us something else.

Last edited:
That his presence was so missed last year was truly grim. He's maybe two and a half good seasons as a forward but without him we've looked completely rudderless. Desperately need JVR to come on this year and give us something else.

His injury in I think round 10 came at a terrible time, he was finally hitting some form. Not the only reason our 2nd half of the year was poor but definitely one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back