Traded 25. Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Was everything contrary to what Jimmie described except Jimmie recognised the fish was small.. well done fish.. showed quite alot of what's needed in the afl

That's funny :)

Lots to like about his first game, showcasing many of those attributes you talk about:

Intent & aggression. Big Tick all around. Tackling terrific and will to be involved is first class.
Clean ball handling. That pick-up off his toes was sublime. He may have to get used to that as that's where passes often end up. :)
Kicking: Very good and no better example than that goal.....even after he did look forward i order to do the team thing.
Finger-tip control: This was something Quigley interestingly raised in his phantom draft about Zac. Don't know how strong his fingers are but they they really make good whether in taking receipt of a ball or trying to fish one out. Watch the busy way he extracted the ball in the forward line, granting Pickett a goal.

Early days I know but he looks as good as any deb we've had in a long time.

If this kid ends up as good as his first game suggests then the person responsible for making sure we took him needs a medal.
The easiest thing in the world would have been to overlook him and base it on his size.

Looked terrific out there and more than comfortable on debut - well done.

Applied great pressure and used the ball exceptionally well. Did not get a heap of it but that will come.

That goal was pretty special too. A great finish.

The easiest thing in the world would have been to overlook him and base it on his size.

Yep, and that's something SOS has addressed and learned from...

STEPHEN SILVAGNI ON ...

RECRUITING DESIRES

You like them to find the footy so there’s an element of possession but ... do they make the right decisions, do they then execute that decision, can they run and are they competitive?

The best players make the right decisions. Caleb Daniel dominated the championships in 2014 and had all of those attributes.

To be perfectly honest, I didn’t really take him into consideration because of his size and I think that’s a great lesson that you learn along the way. He’s just a great story. We didn’t interview him. I was at the Giants so that was a little bit about what we had already in terms of midfielders.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/9e0c3b76bf5bc242f86a95a7704b19df

Was everything contrary to what Jimmie described except Jimmie recognised the fish was small.. well done fish.. showed quite alot of what's needed in the afl
So that would make him short, fat and have no skills and some of the worst vision for passing the footy in the AFL. Show me where I said that.

In fact, all I said in the negative was that I wasn't convinced his body would hold up in terms of the speed and strength required. Turns out he wasn't putting in. Last time I was wrong about something like that, Jobe Watson lost 8 kgs in a pre-season. He too, was not putting in.

Last time you were openly (key word there) wrong about something like that, Cripps became an elite midfielder. Are you Mark Latham??

I pumped up Caleb Daniel and Kieran Lovell, and then I go against that grain on Fisher and suddenly I'm drooling from the mouth. Short memory as always Synners, particularly when it comes to your own short-comings.

That's funny :)
That's insanely stupid; do not pump this bloke's tyres up.

This kid is going to be a ripper.

Didn't get a lot of the footy, only 13 disposals (7 contested), but just made things happen with 4 score involvements, a goal, 24 pressure acts (equal 2nd with Cunners) and our highest ranked player in AFL player ratings.

Zac has 2 more game to crack the 20 possession barrier, but when he gets a taste of things......watch him go.
Saw him dive on the boot of 2 opponents in an intra-club to affect spoils within 30 seconds and he had me right there. :)

May take another couple of years, but we have ourselves a beauty here.
He may be a small sponge, but boy can he soak things up. Learning on the run, but it won't take him too long to become a fan favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is very very important.

I want to keep him forever but don't underestimate how much the WCE and Freo will pay to get a quality mid home should we decide that.

Having said that, please never trade out this kid SOS. You can't buy this enthusiasm. We've had way too many "too cool for school" footballers. We need footy nerds !!!

Great news! Could see from his highlights when drafted that he sees the game differently to most; seems to be 2-3 steps ahead of everyone else.

Brings his team-mates in to the game and never shirks a contest; will get better and better with games under the belt and more experience. Love the way he is already teaming up with Cripps in the centre (already knows what he will do with the ball before he gets it!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back