250th for TEX

Remove this Banner Ad

250 games for this champion.

Hoping we all get down to the game Saturday to cheer on this legend and I hope he kicks a big bag.

P.s. at the risk of turning this thread to Riccuito and McLeod highlights, Tex is my favourite all time crows player.View attachment 1704256
Love the mullet and the ears.

No chance, zero AAs, zero premierships. Unless he made AA 4 seasons in a row from here, he has no shot.

Would have to be one of the unluckiest to never get an AA. Only others I can think of from the Crows that were similarly unlucky were Edwards and Jacobs.

Would have to be one of the unluckiest to never get an AA. Only others I can think of from the Crows that were similarly unlucky were Edwards and Jacobs.
Yes he's probably been the 3rd best KPF many times.

2012 a couple of suspensions cost him the Coleman probably and an AA jumper.
2015 unlucky.
2021 he stuffed himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to admit, I thought Tex might be forced to hang them up around 2020-2021. Did not expect to see his renaissance, following by this milestone, as well as his 500th goal, or the 550th goal. Now the 600th goal looks highly likely (even a chance he gets it this season). Who know's what the final number ends up at.

Is it crazy to dream he could squeeze 51 more games out of himself? That's what, 2 more seasons after this. Would take him to 35-36. It's a long shot, but not impossible!

Have to admit, I thought Tex might be forced to hang them up around 2020-2021. Did not expect to see his renaissance, following by this milestone, as well as his 500th goal, or the 550th goal. Now the 600th goal looks highly likely (even a chance he gets it this season). Who know's what the final number ends up at.

Is it crazy to dream he could squeeze 51 more games out of himself? That's what, 2 more seasons after this. Would take him to 35-36. It's a long shot, but not impossible!
Burgess helped him massively.

Look at the footage of him in 2017 they showed during the GC game.

He has got a lot leaner and stronger since then.

Probably in his worst shape during that COVID 2020 year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done Tex. Saved us on many occasions. I thought you were gone some years back but you resurrected your career.

Tex is an absolute footy star if you look purely at his footballing skills. Not many big forwards can boast ambidextrous skills the way Tex does. He’s so good with either side of his body, and both for handballs and kicks, that it’s nearly impossible to tell which is his dominant side! Then you add the skills of precision kicking and kicks that can usually go 60m in a game, this makes his a potential threat anywhere from within the 55m arc.

If he hadn’t done his knee (which probably robbed him of some agility), then I’d dare say Tex would likely win Colemans on regular occasions, and make Dawkins look second rate. In any case, Tex will go down as one of the best big forwards to have ever played the game!

A shame how throughout the years Tex has been targeted by the Media (and to a lesser extent Tribunals) for onfield and off-field controversies. While not choosing to focus on his strength through life adversities and his onfield abilities.

Tex is an absolute footy star if you look purely at his footballing skills. Not many big forwards can boast ambidextrous skills the way Tex does. He’s so good with either side of his body, and both for handballs and kicks, that it’s nearly impossible to tell which is his dominant side! Then you add the skills of precision kicking and kicks that can usually go 60m in a game, this makes his a potential threat anywhere from within the 55m arc.

If he hadn’t done his knee (which probably robbed him of some agility), then I’d dare say Tex would likely win Colemans on regular occasions, and make Dawkins look second rate. In any case, Tex will go down as one of the best big forwards to have ever played the game!

A shame how throughout the years Tex has been targeted by the Media (and to a lesser extent Tribunals) for onfield and off-field controversies. While not choosing to focus on his strength through life adversities and his onfield abilities.
I've been keep a fairly close eye on how quickly he's going up the all time goal kickers list over the last 2 years. And the longer he plays, the faster that climb seems to accelerate. He 46th now, and this year he's been averaging almost a spot a game.

This year he's gone past champion KPF Brian Taylor, Gehrig, Tredrea, Brad Johnson, Chris Grant, Daicos and Paul Salmon. And before the year is up at this rate he should pip Norm Smith, Tony Modra, Jonathan Brown, Simon Maddern, Stuart Lowe, Stephen Milne (among others).

That alone stand him in very good company. And if he goes on 1 (or hopefully 2) more seasons, who know's where he ends up.

Burgess helped him massively.

Look at the footage of him in 2017 they showed during the GC game.

He has got a lot leaner and stronger since then.

Probably in his worst shape during that COVID 2020 year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even with his better output last year he still seemed to have lost a yard or two on his kick. Now he's dobbing them from 55 again.

All hail Burgess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back