Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Firstly, yes, I stole this idea from the main board.
What would everyone's future best 22 look like if we made a team up using only the current players who will be 26yo or younger at the start of the 2022 season (basically leaving Cripps and Martin out as the current 26yo players who will be too old to qualify)?
What areas does it highlight as potential areas of concern, either where quality is lacking, or there is a distinct lack of cover for that part of the field?

Here's mine:

FB: Stocker, Weitering, Young
HB: Williamson, McDonald, Kemp
C: Cerra, Walsh, O'Brien
HF: Silvagni, Curnow, Owies
FF: Fisher, McKay, Honey
Foll: Hewett, De Koning, Dow
Int: Carroll, Kennedy, Durdin, Fogarty
Em: Pittonet, Cuningham, Setterfield

Unlucky (remaining players): Marchbank, Parks, Mirkov, Cottrell, Philp

I've opted to assume that Marchbank won't really get back on the field in any real capacity, but happy for others to include on the assumption or hope that he does.

I don't mind that. Could possibly use a good HBF or two, as I'd prefer to move Stocker and Kemp into the middle. This also highlights a lack of small defenders.

What would everyone's future best 22 look like if we made a team up using only the current players who will be 26yo or younger at the start of the 2022 season (basically leaving Cripps and Martin out as the current 26yo players who will be too old to qualify)?
What areas does it highlight as potential areas of concern, either where quality is lacking, or there is a distinct lack of cover for that part of the field?

Here's mine:

I've opted to assume that Marchbank won't really get back on the field in any real capacity, but happy for others to include on the assumption or hope that he does.

I don't mind that. Could possibly use a good HBF or two, as I'd prefer to move Stocker and Kemp into the middle. This also highlights a lack of small defenders.
Really it's just the Jones replacement. Cripps is a superstar but we do have coverage and depth in the big inside mid department (Kennedy and Setterfield).
Martin is a sublime talent but on overall output we have others who can come in and do a similar job.

That doesn't really seem lightyears away from our actual starting 22 at this point.
very close to our best 22 really
Williams, Cripps, Jones, Martin, Saad, Curnow, Docherty the obvious ones missing.
Borderline best 22 would be Gov, Newman, Plow, Newnes.
I'd like to see some of those getting pushed out next year anyway, but still potentially half that are 27+.

Here's mine:

Ballsy to play Hewett in the ruck and De Koning onball. Lets see how it plays out .....

I hope I'm wrong, but I still we're still think that between Owies, Honey, Fisher and Fog, we're still a damaging small forward away from a humming forward line. The jury is also still very much out on LOB on the wing.
You left out Durdin, I have high hopes for him. Has really good pace and just needs games under his belt to develop into a very crafty small-forward. The other one who really excites me is Honey. Has a great physique and x-factor, should become a star.

List of players to exclude: E.Curnow, Jones, Newman, Newnes, Docherty, Saad, Plowman, Williams, McGovern, Martin, Cripps

Huge dent to our defence and a shake-up in the engine room (players not in my current best 22 marked in italics):

FB: Marchbank Young Stocker
HB: Boyd Weitering Williamson
C: Walsh Cerra O'Brien
HF: Honey C.Curnow Cuningham
FF: JSOS McKay Durdin

R: TDK Kemp Hewett

Int: Setterfield Dow Fisher Fogarty

EMG:
Carroll Kennedy Owies Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back