Past #26: Ben McKinley - acquired for pick 86 in trade with WC - delisted at end of 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I think B Mac has been very harshly dealt with. He's the sort of guy who needs continuity & a good run with injury. Once he's up & going he can be very handy & as a lot of guys said when we recruited him "He could be anything" & I still stand by that.
With him and Edwards leading a 2-pronged attack, it would be very hard to stop us especially as both are dead-eye dicks near goal. And there's no reason why B Mac couldn't kick 20 goals by seasons end & salvage his career. No reason whatsoever.

Personally I'd like to see B Mac be given a quarter-back type role across half-back. That's where he played a lot of his junior football for Strut until he became a man in a mans body.

Sorry, his best mate I presume? What nonsense.

There are three things that I think will combine to see Ben delisted at the end of the year:

- Dish has recovered from his injuries and is in career best form.
- At age 27 Aaron Edwards is having a career best year.
- McKinley was disappointing in his limited AFL opportunities.

I think it was a sensible recruitment by the club. At the time, Dish's career was in doubt and Edwards was no world beater. A year later and Aaron Black is injury free as well so I reckon it's time to move McKinley on.

Disagree. Sorry.

Would not make it as a HBF'er. Too slow, would get found out way too much! When he got recruited they hailed him as a half forward come midfielder...has he even had a run in the midfield for Werribbe? Gone at the end of the year IMO. or trade to GWS for a 5th round pick.

I'm all for it. He'll be up for the challenge to prove WCE wrong for letting him go. And with the spare open spaces of Subi, B Mac could add that dimension up forward we've been carving.

I'm all for it. He'll be up for the challenge to prove WCE wrong for letting him go. And with the spare open spaces of Subi, B Mac could add that dimension up forward we've been carving.

Fair point. Has been an excellent recruit thus far, cant see why he wouldn't kick 10 :thumbsu:

I'm thinking a forward line of Edwards and McKinley will get under the Eagles skin. They'll look up there and start thinking what might have been.

Clear the forward 50 and let McKinley and Edwards work their magic in there. I'd bring in Warren too, and have him form a lethal 3 pronged attack.

I like it B Tron (and Artichoke)!

Two ex-Weagles, one a Coleman medallist and the other looking to show them just how wrong they were. Pick 86... insulting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the footy on Saturday night, a mate of mine was so upset with Tazz's lack of impact that he actually said he'd prefer Mckinley.

He took that too far, how Mckinley ever got a game against the Saints last year is beyond me. Another poor selection from Scott.

At the footy on Saturday night, a mate of mine was so upset with Tazz's lack of impact that he actually said he'd prefer Mckinley.

He took that too far, how Mckinley ever got a game against the Saints last year is beyond me. Another poor selection from Scott.

Can't get any harsher on Taz than that call! ;)

I'm thinking a forward line of Edwards and McKinley will get under the Eagles skin. They'll look up there and start thinking what might have been.

Any truth to the rumour West Coast's cheer squad plan on raising the banner they prepared years ago, which has been in mothballs since:

"AARON EDWARDS"

"100 great goals!"​

?

I'd bring in anyone who's ever been to WA, let alone raised there, to minimise the requirement for acclimatisation.

Any truth to the rumour West Coast's cheer squad plan on raising the banner they prepared years ago, which has been in mothballs since:

"AARON EDWARDS"

"100 great goals!"​

?

I'd bring in anyone who's ever been to WA, let alone raised there, to minimise the requirement for acclimatisation

Are they going to Perth or Nepal? Or have I missed some AFL re-scheduling?

Clear the forward 50 and let McKinley and Edwards work their magic in there. I'd bring in Warren too, and have him form a lethal 3 pronged attack.

Yep, what might have been now that we don't have LeCras, Nicoski and Kennedy.

I'm loving the levity and humour displayed on this site!

Otherwise, huge test for both sides. NM lose = pretenders (P.S. McKinley isn't your answer).

WC simply can't afford to lose this and as Geelong previously has shown and Sydney showed, quality sides find ways to climb over adversity.

No excuses if we lose.

Yep, what might have been now that we don't have LeCras, Nicoski and Kennedy.

I'm loving the levity and humour displayed on this site!

Otherwise, huge test for both sides. NM lose = pretenders (P.S. McKinley isn't your answer).

WC simply can't afford to lose this and as Geelong previously has shown and Sydney showed, quality sides find ways to climb over adversity.

No excuses if we lose.
Well, my question is 'What is the tallest mountain in North America'?

Yes please play him.:thumbsu:

Would rather Scott Welsh coming out of retirement.
I heard that too.

Maybe we can do a deal with GWS to get him via the mini-draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back