Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end 🍷

Remove this Banner Ad

Should make him captain for the his last year with McGrath vice captain to take over next year but I’m sure the playing group will just make Heppell captain again because he’s a top bloke

Should make him captain for the his last year with McGrath vice captain to take over next year but I’m sure the playing group will just make Heppell captain again because he’s a top bloke
As sarcastic as you may be, Heppell may be better served taking a back seat which in turn could be beneficial for us.

Well, our only remaining forward above 195cm is Stewart, who’s really more of a flanker, and blokes who haven’t played a senior game.

Unless we pull off a trade surprise, we’re gonna need this bloke deep forward next year.
i think we will need him in the backline coz thats where the ball is going to be 95% of the time

Well, our only remaining forward above 195cm is Stewart, who’s really more of a flanker, and blokes who haven’t played a senior game.

Unless we pull off a trade surprise, we’re gonna need this bloke deep forward next year.
I shared that view of Stewart but think we need to refine it.

He looked like a very capable, physical power forward when he returned. Maybe not your number 1 Option but I no longer Of him as an oversized flanker.

i think we will need him in the backline coz thats where the ball is going to be 95% of the time

Depends where we are aiming to finish. I say play Hurley and Hooker forward... we dont need them saving goals so we can win 7-8 games again.

Is cooked. A year of watching him fall over his own feet and get beat to the contest in a disfunctional fwd line would be a sad way for him to go out. Would rather give opportunity to the kid we drafted last year or grab someone in trade. This year was a year too many but we get to see another farewell year next season because the joint is gutless.

Is cooked. A year of watching him fall over his own feet and get beat to the contest in a disfunctional fwd line would be a sad way for him to go out. Would rather give opportunity to the kid we drafted last year or grab someone in trade. This year was a year too many but we get to see another farewell year next season because the joint is gutless.
Runs on the board

Runs on the board
So he gets 1 free year (2019) for saga and 1 free year (2020) for runs on the board. Next year is a disability pension. 3 years too long at his pay packet. Typical Essendon.

Offer him to a club in their window and we can pay half his salary. We could still afford a decent replacement and 1 that could be there during the rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back