Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end 🍷

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooker's been such a quality player for us for so long. It would be so great if he could get back to some of his best footy in 2021.
The last couple of years he's been plagued by interrupted preseasons and he's always been chasing fitness coming into round 1.
I don't know how much longer he has left in him but having him on the field to lead some of the young blokes could be huge.

Hooker also does round out our defense a bit better if we are pairing him with guys like Francis and Ridley who are less suited to playing on the gorilla's. BZT in theory could play on the bigger guys but it doesn't seem to be happening for him. He's bulked up but its just made him slow and he's still not strong enough from what I've seen.

Mind you all of the above has the big caveat that he needs to stay fit for the next 8 weeks which is far from a guarantee.

Hooker's been such a quality player for us for so long. It would be so great if he could get back to some of his best footy in 2021.
The last couple of years he's been plagued by interrupted preseasons and he's always been chasing fitness coming into round 1.
I don't know how much longer he has left in him but having him on the field to lead some of the young blokes could be huge.

Hooker also does round out our defense a bit better if we are pairing him with guys like Francis and Ridley who are less suited to playing on the gorilla's. BZT in theory could play on the bigger guys but it doesn't seem to be happening for him. He's bulked up but its just made him slow and he's still not strong enough from what I've seen.

Mind you all of the above has the big caveat that he needs to stay fit for the next 8 weeks which is far from a guarantee.
Was going to give you a like after the 1st paragraph, now I'm worried he'll be able to stay fit

Please stay healthy Chook.

Finish your career at EFC playing good footy, you deserve to go out in style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He looks the best shape I've seen him in.
He is a 32 year old footballer and passed his peak.

The best we can hope here is that he can contribute and remain healthy, when in the best 22.

He will be in the group that get's rested, to esnure he is at his freshest - barring injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went forward and kicked 2.1 in 5 minutes in the intraclub.

.... I don't know what to make of this

Yes you do.

He'll start in defense, be swung forward when we can't score, kick three goals in a half, do a calf and be out for the remainder of the year.

Yes you do.

He'll start in defense, be swung forward when we can't score, kick three goals in a half, do a calf and be out for the remainder of the year.
I like at least half of this

Went forward and kicked 2.1 in 5 minutes in the intraclub.

.... I don't know what to make of this
THe vision of Stewart as a defender so far hasn't been great.

Yes you do.

And then retire

THe vision of Stewart as a defender so far hasn't been great.
I'll take the good news where I can get it. Let's try him as the league's tallest small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back