Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else ever find it bizarre how good he was at kicking goals from general play? I feel like he was a small forward trapped in the body of a CHB.
You'd back him in every time, across his body on either side, it's crazy. Set shot from 25 out on the hand.

Geez I'd love to see him pull on the Red & Black one last time. Its a tough dilemma for the coaches. Especially as we've got Francis occupying a spot who whilst respectable isn't setting the world on fire up forward.

I think its just the feels getting the best of me but I'd name him against Collingwood. He wouldn't let us down.

What an absolute Essendon man, through and through. With all the muck we went through during the saga you saw Chook out front and centre with Jobe. First to the organised training group. When it was time to re-sign he was the first one with pen in hand. As was mentioned in other posts - we tried to farm him out. Twice. You could never knock his determination, in both the B50 & F50.

In what is to be the guys last year, broken body running on Guts & Determination; he was a leader for the Coleman. Beating players more fancied, younger and looking for scalps

Second to Daren Bewick, has any other player celebrated a goal as much as Cale? His double cobra, yelling with entusiasm and grinning was a pure delight to witness and a real lifter to his mates on the park.

In his speech he said he didn't leave anything on the table. I think this was a given that no one could argue. Gave his all.

Great career, mate!

Geez I'd love to see him pull on the Red & Black one last time. Its a tough dilemma for the coaches. Especially as we've got Francis occupying a spot who whilst respectable isn't setting the world on fire up forward.

I think its just the feels getting the best of me but I'd name him against Collingwood. He wouldn't let us down.

I would play him as the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairytale ending looking unlikely, not selected this week.

My head knows itā€™s the right call but my heart doesnā€™t like it.

Fairytale ending looking unlikely, not selected this week.

My head knows itā€™s the right call but my heart doesnā€™t like it.
Big game coming up in 5 weeks. Cale will be cherry ripe.

"VFL" update. Worked hard, great attitude, kicked 3, very windy.

Despite announcing his retirement last week, Hooker could add to his 219 games should the Bombers opt to call on the veteran in their upcoming finals series.

The 32-year-old, who has booted 33 goals this season, looked dangerous against the Giants and looms as a tall option for the Bombers after young forward Harrison Jones was ruled out for the rest of the season.

"'Hooksy' kicked three and was a good target for us. It was probably just a tiny bit easier for forwards with only five backs down there, so they were able to find more space," Tudor said.

"He had a great attitude, worked pretty hard and got some good results. He did everything he needed to.

"All the three boys got through the game well. It was a tough game to play as it was really, really windy. It was a high-standard game and the GWS boys had a real crack. It was good to watch again."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back