Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end 🍷

Remove this Banner Ad

So, like, worked one week (where our pressure was great). Then the next three games, well, Cox was well beating him before he moved forward, was okay on Weideman and was smashed by Roughy quite frankly. Can we move him forward again, especially with Daniher out for a while?

Leave him in defense and see if we can lay a tackle in our forward 50 for once. I'm not sure who the unlucky Carlton player will be who gets caught in there but you never know.

So, like, worked one week (where our pressure was great). Then the next three games, well, Cox was well beating him before he moved forward, was okay on Weideman and was smashed by Roughy quite frankly. Can we move him forward again, especially with Daniher out for a while?
I think part of it might depend on who is around him. First couple of weeks in defence he had Hartley playing the tall shut down role and Hurley as an intercept, now Ambrose and Goddard are down there and we seem to have four talls all getting in each others' way.

I think part of it might depend on who is around him. First couple of weeks in defence he had Hartley playing the tall shut down role and Hurley as an intercept, now Ambrose and Goddard are down there and we seem to have four talls all getting in each others' way.
I think it's about whether or not we have pressure up the field. Play him forward, will be our best chance at kicking a winning score. He'll eat Jones/Rowe for breakfast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the job on Reiwoldt but had zero influence in terms of going third up and intercepting or killing contests. Just doesn’t have the mobility to do both anymore.

Still unsure why we didn’t play Hurley on Reiwoldt and free Hooker up a bit. Prefer Hooker zoning off and Hurley has towelled up Jack many times.

I'm hung overish had a few pints last night

Just got to remind yourself of old safety message...’if you drink and post you’re a bloody idiot!!’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back