(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seb78

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey quick question.

Is there still such a thing as a veterans list and would Hooksey and Zaka be eligible to be put on it? Could it help with Salary cap pressure?

Colonelmot

Debutant
Jul 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Feels like he's gone off a cliff this year in defence. Apart from a few cameos forward when was the last time he played a great game? Doesn't bode well for next year.

Legend Lucas

Debutant
Sep 14, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Feels like he's gone off a cliff this year in defence. Apart from a few cameos forward when was the last time he played a great game? Doesn't bode well for next year.
Yep completely agree I have been his biggest supporter.
Hoping he is carrying some injuries because if he isn’t he is done. His last 12 games were awful dropping marks he never dropped and always out of position feels like the end has come very quickly for him.

Darealrath

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Think we are going to have to manage him over the next two seasons. Aim for 18 quality games instead of 22 because it looks like his body is just hanging on.

Vander18

Club Legend
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Wouldn't even have made finals without him.
Hoping it’s just the back that has limited him on the second half of the year - if so he can get that right and hopefully get back to his usual self.

I love the bloke more than anyone else on our list but no question he’s been struggling.

Mikevk123

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Still only 30 years old. He’s not gonna get any younger. If Francis does leave he will be key to develop Zerk. Re do deals on Hooker and zakka. Ask them to take pay cuts.

Bjchan13

Team Captain
Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Even if it causes short term pain, id prefer Hooker to go forward permanently again like 2017. BZT and Francis need to play every week alongside Ambrose and Hurls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew_Lloyd

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Cale will definitely be aware that he is almost at the end. We won't trade him, but I'd like to think we will start playing BZT more in the seniors next year. Get Daniher fit, and play Hooker as our second forward. Very good chance that 2020 will be his last.

His body is starting to fail him. I hope he can rejuvenate himself this off-season, and give us one more year of good football.

Top Bottom