Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox is not the only media outlet that has disrespected Hooker the last couple of days.

This morning on Triple M Adelaide, Ditts (Riccuito's sidekick) posed the question as to whether Cale Hooker is the worst player ever to play 200 games.
Wow....an All Australian defender and B&F winner as the worst 200 game player ever? Bizarre.

The proof of Hookers ability is that he is also a very good forward. Most KPD are KPD because they arenā€™t good enough to play forward. Few can do both, Hooker is one who can. A very, very good footballer and certainly an Essendon champion.

Wow....an All Australian defender and B&F winner as the worst 200 game player ever? Bizarre.

The proof of Hookers ability is that he is also a very good forward. Most KPD are KPD because they arenā€™t good enough to play forward. Few can do both, Hooker is one who can. A very, very good footballer and certainly an Essendon champion.
McGovern is the one that springs to mind. He just plays defence because their forward line is stacked

Can we please trade him to a team in flag contention this campaigner deserves some success

Title update was the result of a thread merge but has probably run its course by now. šŸ‘
Yeah all good, just dont want to give their disrespect anymore oxygen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the players who have been ā€œmanagedā€ and deserve to have been dropped. And all the guys who have been who have been gifted games...

You omit this guy, who has been ok.

We say this a lot, but they have now officially lost the plot, zero faith in the whole club.

Zerk-Thatcher is your only recognised KPD in the side, he's played 9 games. Port have three tall forwards. As a supporter of the team playing you guys this week, there are at least ten names in the Essendon side who I'd much rather have to play against than Hooker in those circumstances.

If he sucked up forward the last couple of games, so what? Play him in his #1 position and maybe he won't suck.

Zerk-Thatcher is your only recognised KPD in the side, he's played 9 games. Port have three tall forwards. As a supporter of the team playing you guys this week, there are at least ten names in the Essendon side who I'd much rather have to play against than Hooker in those circumstances.

If he sucked up forward the last couple of games, so what? Play him in his #1 position and maybe he won't suck.
While I don't disagree with you at all, you are giving a pretty good summary of what this board has been through for many, many years.

I can understand dropping Hooker in isolation. He hasn't been playing well since his game against Hawthorn. Unfortunately though it comes at a time with no Francis and no Hurley. I guess the plan is Ridley and Gleeson become key position defenders. Which in fairness they have done sometimes. You couldn't play either on Dixon though. So BZT is the only option there.

I don't know if there will a surprise use of Stewart down back. We wouldn't use Daniher down back. Nor Draper. I don't think Phillips can play defense. Its kind of a weird team really. But we'll see how it goes.

SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

I think we are playing Stewart down back. And then I guess Ridley/Gleeson on the third tall.

Itā€™s going to be real ugly.

Cooked. Hopefully does the right thing and retires so we can clear a lot of money to go after someone.

Put him on as an assistant coach for the next 3 years and lets get moving.

Heā€™s one of the few players who has worked his arse off in every game of his career. The clubā€™s tried to trade him multiple times, not to mention totally ******* half of his career - in his prime - with the drug saga.

Retire and give up a year of a big solar contract? He shouldnā€™t give it a secondā€™s thought.

Heā€™s one of the few players who has worked his arse off in every game of his career. The clubā€™s tried to trade him multiple times, not to mention totally ******* half of his career - in his prime - with the drug saga.

Retire and give up a year of a big solar contract? He shouldnā€™t give it a secondā€™s thought.

and that is part of why we have never been able to get out of mediocrity for ever and a day. As I've said many a time we are the country club for old footballers. Whether they come for a retirement package from another club or just get given an extra year or two on our list by being good blokes and good servants it

if he wants the club to be successful he needs to step aside.

and that is part of why we have never been able to get out of mediocrity for ever and a day. As I've said many a time we are the country club for old footballers. Whether they come for a retirement package from another club or just get given an extra year or two on our list by being good blokes and good servants it

if he wants the club to be successful he needs to step aside.

Weā€™re the country club for s**t footballers. Age doesnā€™t have much to do with it.

The amount of bog-average VFL-standard footballers whoā€™ve had 4,5,6,7 year careers with Essendon over the past 15 years is amazing - when theyā€™ve never shown anything and were never going to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back