Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end 🍷

sfdsf.jpg

Contract Status: Retiring at the end of Season 2021
Last Game Played: Round 19, 2021 (omit)
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited:
It’s like living in a big dark creepy house and you’re a little child. When he’s out it’s scary as all hell, but then he’s in and it’s all safe and cosy

LoveDamoBarrett

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Boys, I have Hooker in my supercoach draft team. Reckon he can score well consistently if he plays back all year?

mayhem20202

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Disposal was average at best and spilled a few marks. Worked into the game pretty well and made Cox look like the inexperienced average footballer that he is in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Someone needs to GIF the mark going back with the flight in the last. That was beautiful

It should be said that I think he's got a lot of improvement left in him this year. Not anywhere near his best. Not that he's been bad but the positive is that he hasn't been great yet!

It should be said that I think he's got a lot of improvement left in him this year. Not anywhere near his best. Not that he's been bad but the positive is that he hasn't been great yet!

Was great against Brissie in his first game back. Did well on Brown and Cox

Was great against Brissie in his first game back. Did well on Brown and Cox
Don't get me wrong, he's been good but I think he's got a lot of improvement to go to get to his best which is a real positive for us.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
His one clunk marking is seriously impressive

Can't think of many in the league better at it. Even last week v syd it was just kick it near him and it was his, strong body work then clunk.

Can see the temptation to leave him fwd. Contested marks don't grow on trees

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
His one clunk marking is seriously impressive

Can't think of many in the league better at it. Even last week v syd it was just kick it near him and it was his, strong body work then clunk.

Can see the temptation to leave him fwd. Contested marks don't grow on trees
Reminds me a lot of Wellman in that he’s just so consistent and “safe as houses”.

For me, undoubtedly our most reliable player.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Praying that he gets played up forward this week against Freo. We need another target up there to help out Stringer and Daniher who is a little down on form/confidence still. Hooker has proven he is more than capable of clunking big marks up forward and kicking goals - people seem to forget he kicked 41 goals in 2017...

Back