Past #26: Daniel Nielson - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Dan

Remove this Banner Ad

McKay is head and shoulders better than both Nielson and Durdin. By rights he should be playing senior footy.

Durdin’s best is better than Nielson, but he has too many WTF moments. Nielson has a low upside but he competes and is consistent.
Agree is at the back of the pecking order and I think it's the clubs view also

I'll be very surprised if Neilson is not delisted and I think it's the right decision

He's a required player IMO. Perfect for the tweener types.

Durds might be moved on considering he is a similar type as B-Mac.
This. All day long. He's fast, strong, competitive and very good one on one. His marking is far better than Durdin. He might not be big enough to play on the gorillas but there's not many of those left. Could also play lockdown on small forwards I reckon.

This. All day long. He's fast, strong, competitive and very good one on one. His marking is far better than Durdin. He might not be big enough to play on the gorillas but there's not many of those left. Could also play lockdown on small forwards I reckon.
Either is pretty boy (height wise)) at Lolmond. And I liken Nielson a lot like him. Very similar.

Rough news for Dan. I really liked what I saw of him in 2017, he performed admirably in a s**t year for us.

Will be following his career with interest. I'd wish him luck but I reckon he will make his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I never understood why he was rated so highly on here. I'm not at all surprised to see him go.

He offers 0 offensively, he's an awful kick, he's undersized, and he's not a good enough lockdown defender to make up for his numerous and significant deficiencies.

Might have been able to forge a decent 100-150 game career at a midtable team in the 90's/early 2000s but there's just no place for a player like him anymore unless his defending and/or intercept ability it so outrageously good that it makes up for his complete lack of attacking ability/skills.

well I'm officially blown away, I did not see this coming.:rolleyes:

Best of luck for Dan with his future endeavours

The writing was certainly on the wall from a long way out with Dan.

Thanks for giving your all anyway Daniel. All the best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back