Past #26: Daniel Nielson - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Dan

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive always really like the look of Nielson - he seems fast and has a big body on him. He also lives near me so Ive taken a closer interest. The highlights from his last VFL game should hopefully give the coaches confidence that he needs to be stuck with - a big bodied defender that moves like him is hard to come by.

I do often wonder what the clubs plans are for the key defender positions in the side medium term.

Thompson and Hansen in their last year of contracts and Durdin and hopefully soon Nielson looking like they need to play. Definitely need to get some games into both to see what they can do.

still think he's delist worthy
Definitely not. Building nicely. Had a big set back but has displayed good form this season and if Tarrant went out (heaven forbid) i think nielson would do a good job.

I've watched him run and it really looks like he's got a good even distribution of strength in both legs. Good stability too. The physios have done a good job getting him back and he feels confident in his body which is very important for any AFL player. The work of kangatech has done wonders. I bet he has shares in the product (like any intelligent person who loves money would). He doesn't need to talk about it because his actions do the talking for him.

Excited to see his continual development.

Definitely not. Building nicely. Had a big set back but has displayed good form this season and if Tarrant went out (heaven forbid) i think nielson would do a good job.

I've watched him run and it really looks like he's got a good even distribution of strength in both legs. Good stability too. The physios have done a good job getting him back and he feels confident in his body which is very important for any AFL player. The work of kangatech has done wonders. I bet he has shares in the product (like any intelligent person who loves money would). He doesn't need to talk about it because his actions do the talking for him.

You really are Steve Saunders!

I invested $1M in Kangatech and i was disappointed to find out that it's market capital is now $1,000,010 Million :(

I invested $1M in Kangatech and i was disappointed to find out that it's market capital is now $1,000,010 Million :(
Once the NBA and NFL cheques clear you'll be rolling in cash. You can fly your private jet to my mansion and we can laugh at broke peasants (with noticable limps) while we assess our muscle balance and risk of injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking good, keep it up young man. He actually reminds me of my son the way he plays, mind you he can kick, mark, handpass and bounce.............keep at it son I believe as only a father can :'(:'(:'(o_O.

Umm did anyone else pick up on the "we pull off together" ?. rofl.

An observation from numbers re Neilson's game:

Anyway. Some observations from a lay observer. Given it was only a VFL practice match. I have also seen a few other Werribee games this year.

Neilson. Wow. What an improver. Last year, I thought he was lucky to be playing in Werribee two's, let alone the firsts. Looked very slow, fumbly and completely lacking in confidence. Each game I have seen this year he has been solid down back, keeping his opponent quiet and looking better in each game with ball in hand. Still not sure that he won’t be a classic tweener. Harry Mckay towered over him and he kicked 3 or 4 though none were Nielson’ fault. At AFL level he will need to take the tall forwards and just not sure he will be big enough. Love to be proved wrong of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back