Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
It's so weird that 22 touches is almost considered low for a 19yr old in his 2nd season. That's how good he's become, I'm stunned to be honest.

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
Our top 5 possession getters were hanners, jpk, bird, mcveigh and parker with a combined total of:
130 possessions
58 contested
70% or there abouts efficience
29 tackles
19 clearances
18 i50
7 goals.

The exciting bit is that 3 of them haven't peaked yet :thumbsu:

3 of them? Id argue all 5, 4 for sure.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Watching the replay of the 2nd half for the 2nd time late last night I was mesmerised by Parker. He just relentlessly attacked the ball, or any opposition player who had it like a wild animal. At one stage I even watched him try and tackle an opponent who was directly behind him.

The amount of 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts this kid puts in should be highlighted to the entire playing group every week.

Riders of Rohan

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Fins,Rovers,Sharks,Cards,Pistons
Disappointed they only showed jetta kicking his goal as a highlight, the passage of play started with Parker smashing it back into play on the boundary line then following up and gets the handball to Everett.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Scully was the Captain of the Dandenong Stingrays in 2009 U/18, Luke Parker (16 years old) won the teams B&F.

Fast forward 3 years, Tom Scully has gone number 1 in the 2009 draft and been recruited to GWS as their marquee signing on Big $$$.

Luke Parker slipped to pick 40 of the 2010 draft, and forced his way into the Swans best 22.

Has Parker caught Scully? If they were in the same draft, and knowing what we know now, would Scully still go ahead of Parker? Has Parker got more upside?

something

Senior List
Dec 25, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Has Parker caught Scully? If they were in the same draft, and knowing what we know now, would Scully still go ahead of Parker? Has Parker got more upside?

Nice question!

I'd say on a good day Scully would perform a bit better due right now due to their individual strengths but in the long run from what I have seen so far albiet limited - Parker will go onto match Scully if not supass him.

At pick 40 he is proving a steal of a life time.

Has just about overtaken Kieren Jack as my favorite player.

There is so much energy about him and he is not afraid to win the hard ball. Really good decision maker and can occasionally kick a few goals. Possibly the next Lenny Hayes...?

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney

Give Parker the same amount of games he will leave Scully for dead, also seems stronger too, Im a Scully fan dont get me wrong but not nearly worth what he gets. Very happy with him like scottwade says, sign him up fast.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Nup too many games last year.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
AG WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME IT MUST BE LOVE!

Love, love love.

Back