Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

I was really hoping that we would take Parker in the draft.
Like his style and tough no-nonsense players are always worth a punt. Certainly a great grab at 40!

Best of luck for tonight and looking forward to seeing the young'uns in action, especially if it means wiping that smirk off Sheedy's mug.

Can I change the thread title to The presciently accurate and completely justified Luke Parker hype thread?

He was good, affected some clearances in the middle. I was disappointed he was not involved in the second game when we were caned in the clearances.

I doubt whether he will play too much this year unless we have a horrid run with injuries. Yes it is a good highlights reel, but it is a massive rise in class from Under 18's to AFL ones.

It is hard to see him tipping out the likes of Hannaberry, Kennedy, Jack or Bird unless he produces exceptional form. Give him a year in the 2's and perhaps one or 2 games later in the season.

You guys got lucky with Parker falling so far in the draft imo.

One strength of his in the juniors was overhead marking, but Im not sure he'll keep that entering the AFL.

Super endurance, impact player who can go forward and kick a goal. Good get.

Shattered he was only the sub. Someones put up a video of his highlights, few as they are. :)

[youtube]G419TwtYvzk[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean change it to the OFFICIAL GOOD LUKEING THREAD OF LUKEING GOOD

Kid's gonna be a star! Simple as that. And captain material as well, was captain of Dandendong Stingrays last year. Future Captain? I think Yes! :D

He'd be hard pressed to be Captain ahead of all our other "future captains" Jack, Kennedy, etc unless we are going to have a 6 captain system lol

God damn it don't give them any ideas!

haha, we did have it IIRC.

In 2004 or some stage in 2005, we had Hall, Barry, Kirk, Mathews, and 2 other guys captaining. Was very weird.

But Parker, Jack and Kennedy are all young and with Goodesy retiring in a few years it looks like Jack and JPK are the front runners.

Oh.....forgot about McVeigh:(

I've said this a number of times but I still don't know how he dropped to pick 40!

In 2009 when he was 16 he was an absolute superstar.He played for the Stingrays and occassionally for his local team Langwarrin where he starred in the firsts.
Last year (2010) his form dropped off quite a bit but it was still quite a shock that he was passed down to number 40.OUR GAIN,NO DOUBT!!!

Hard to gauge after less than one quarter, playing the softest side in the comp and having already put them to the sword, but geez, how calm and composed did this kid look?

There were two occasions (I think two) he'd have been forgiven for going for goal but both times he found Hannebery, the second was a beautiful quick hands out and heads-up barely 15 metres from goal, then a turn and smart handball to the No 4, to make a certainty of the goal that probably could have been his first in senior footy.

Nothing he did smacked of "first-gamer", whereas young Gordon, as enthusiastic as he's looked, has looked a bit "rabbit in the headlights" in his two games, and so many other highly rated youngsters, at our club and elsewhere, have had the same (understandable) jitters.

Our midfield continues to develop toward a great future.

Have to say I'm quite excited about our young players with Hanners, JPK, Jack, Johnston, 2 x Lewis, Parker, Lamb, Reid, Heath, etc

It's shaping along quite nicely

Back to the thread but the words that spring to mind for Parker are clean, composed and efficient. Good thing he can only get better

The last few years I think our drafting has improved heaps. So many exciting youngsters and so many stepping in and looking straight up to standard. Parker was exciting last week, want to see him play a full game this week. He looked so composed and skillful

The last few years I think our drafting has improved heaps. So many exciting youngsters and so many stepping in and looking straight up to standard. Parker was exciting last week, want to see him play a full game this week. He looked so composed and skillful

A vast improvement on the days we hauled the likes of Scott Russell, Steven Tingay and Nick Daffy to the club. Geez ...

You guys got lucky with Parker falling so far in the draft imo.

One strength of his in the juniors was overhead marking, but Im not sure he'll keep that entering the AFL.

Super endurance, impact player who can go forward and kick a goal. Good get.

What makes you think this quality is likely to diminish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back