Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker sneaking up the all time Swans games list.
After yesterday's game he is on 261 games and into 7th position.

Should catch Jude but probably not Goodsey.

View attachment 1633713

he could have a late career more as a forward , then he is a shot to catch Goodes maybe

Parker sneaking up the all time Swans games list.
After yesterday's game he is on 261 games and into 7th position.

Should catch Jude but probably not Goodsey.

View attachment 1633713
He's been very resilient so 3 years to pass Jude is a big chance. 3 further years to pass Goodsey not impossible but a very big ask for a midfielder.

He's been very resilient so 3 years to pass Jude is a big chance. 3 further years to pass Goodsey not impossible but a very big ask for a midfielder.

I think the more he plays forward might help prolong his career, and he does contribute there so not as if it's a dead spot on the field to eke out more games. The amount of games he's missed is scary good, so should easily hit 350 by the end, anything more remains to be seen.

The swans website have a few minutes of him Playing with a microphone. Really good stuff and shows his leadership out there.

Yeah they showed it on on the couch the other night. Definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I was blown away by how much directing and leading he does during the actual play.

Yeah they showed it on on the couch the other night. Definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I was blown away by how much directing and leading he does during the actual play.
I would not be able to play AND direct others with the knowledge of what needs to be done, who needs to do it, command others, provide drive and enthusiasm and do this when you are continually running into blokes and executing your own play. I was exhausted just watching this all happen.

I would not be able to play AND direct others with the knowledge of what needs to be done, who needs to do it, command others, provide drive and enthusiasm and do this when you are continually running into blokes and executing your own play. I was exhausted just watching this all happen.
Definitely. It made me feel as though I probably underappreciate what he does (and possibly what a lot of captains do) on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back