Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

So a red head who won't make it.

Could anyone's life be any worse than that? An unsuccessful ginger? *shudder*

In fact, he reminds me of Gary Rohan, Josh Willoughby and, for good measure, Paul Chambers.

The kid will be a superstar, given my previous bandwagons of Schmidt (04), Vogels (05), Phillips (06), DOK (07), Veszpremi (08), Johnston* (09) and Rohan* (10)

* Jury still out.

The kid will be a superstar, given my previous bandwagons of Schmidt (04), Vogels (05), Phillips (06), DOK (07), Veszpremi (08), Johnston* (09) and Rohan* (10)

* Jury still out.

On Rohan the jury is in!

Verdict = SUPERSTAR!

I don't usually jump on the bandwagon this early, especially having seen so little of him... but this kid looks the goods so far... has that star quality about him

Probably the 2nd best player in the AFL after Luke Shuey. I'm sure everyone already knows that Shuey will win the next 5 Brownlows, but Parker could get in the top 3 a few times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know next to nothing about Parker and i haven't even seen a video of him playing yet so as a result of this i am not getting to excited.

Meh, I haven't either, won't stop me getting on board.

This season Luke will move out of Park, and into Drive!*

*(Don't hate me)

How does he look the goods so far , you haven't seen him !

http://bptvpd.ngcdn.telstra.com/pd_aflswans0/OnDemand/AFL/2010/Club/offseason/101216_parker_1mb.mp4

http://bptvpd.ngcdn.telstra.com/pd_afl1/OnDemand/AFL/2010/draft/parker_1Mb.mp4

+ he looks like he's spent some time in the gym

like i said...

"I don't usually jump on the bandwagon this early, especially having seen so little of him... but this kid looks the goods SO FAR"...

he's got good hands, has a defensive game, seems like he's got awareness, finds space in close... and he looks like he's prepared to work to improve... whether that transfers over to AFL level is another question, but I'm prepared to back him at this point... give me a break, I wasn't claiming he's the next Ablett

It's funny Bedford, from my first post on these forums you've been questioning my opinion... what's with the hate??

Yep... I'm on the bandwagon. After Grimlock put up the word about his highligths package on the website I did a bit of digging and from what I can see he's certainly got some potential from my point of view. Seemingly a strong mark, good flowing kick, can find space and has some pace. Not only that but he's showing some good awareness too which never hurts in the transition to AFL level.

He has a nice torso.
I'm on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back