Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I have no idea - but if you look at his twitter ranting today, he has not taken kindly to some swans fans getting into him after Parker's tweets last night.

I agree with your view of him to be honest.... A grade knob.
Have they? Good on them, that’s gold!

Being a non-Victorian I went my whole adult life having never heard of the expression "nuff nuff" until I joined BF.

But that guy...is clearly a nuff nuff. I get it now.

Was coined by Matt Rogers.

"I made the observation," he wrote in the Sun-Herald, "that I get more out of Wallabies training than I do out of a club game. Now I've got that nuff-nuff David Campese having a go at me. Please ... Campo has no credibility among modern-day players. They regard him as a joke."

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods

FWIW the expression has been around for decaades.

In the 1990s it was such a common expression amoung the Victorian Police to call offenders nuf nufs that they actually launched a Operation called Fun Fun as an in joke (nuf nuf backwards).

Eh. Off topic, though.

Take it somewhere else you nuff-nuffs. I have a heart attack every time I see this thread bumped!

Sorry, Mate. :oops:

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
How many players does he manage now?
I think you'll find he has a few ex player mates he used to manage that feel sorry for him.
He's done his dash with his credibility long ago.

None, he was de-registered by the AFLPA as player agent and currently has no on-going media role.

Now just a footy community pariah that talks s**t on social media.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FWIW the expression has been around for decaades.

In the 1990s it was such a common expression amoung the Victorian Police to call offenders nuf nufs that they actually launched a Operation called Fun Fun as an in joke (nuf nuf backwards).

Eh. Off topic, though.

Sorry, Mate. :oops:

Learn something new everyday. :thumbsu:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-15/firedup-swan-had-to-make-a-stand-on-trade-talk

Fired-up Swan had to make a stand on trade talk

The 26-year-old had heard it all before given he was a Victorian plying his trade at an interstate club, but this time felt compelled to make a stand.

The dual club champion attempted – albeit unsuccessfully – to end any talk that he wanted out of the harbour city, so he took to social media to profess his love for his club.

"I was sick of getting messages from my mates who didn't believe me when I kept telling them I love it in Sydney, so I thought I'd put a stop to it," he said.

"But even after I put the post online, a story still came out the next day saying that I might not be staying (with the Swans), so I just couldn't win.

"I'm not too sure where that talk comes from and every year I think my name's been thrown up.

"Some media people think they get some information from somewhere and they run with it but I'm not sure where they got that info from, they might need to find a better source next time.

"I was never leaving, I absolutely love the club."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-15/firedup-swan-had-to-make-a-stand-on-trade-talk

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting to see that Parker in particular is taking up the pastoral role that Kizza used to do but which Joey is not so hot at. My bet next year Parker and Ramps will be co-captain's. Just let Joey lead from the front.
The club should just bite the bullet and name one captain (Parker).

Back