Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Congratulations Luke and Kate

Luke once asked to buy my sister a drink at a bar once and she laughed him off

I still haven't forgiven her

Prior to the 5 years, would have been the broken leg in 2015, I think...

Outstanding player, cops heaps on here for a variety of reasons, all of it undeserved imo...

Prior to the 5 years, would have been the broken leg in 2015, I think...

Outstanding player, cops heaps on here for a variety of reasons, all of it undeserved imo...

Not sure what he cops anymore which is that unfair. I rarely see anything negative about him. I used to be one who would criticise him for his underwhelming performances when we needed him most (and I stand by it) but we're talking years ago for that. He's become a truly great Swans captain and reliable under pressure. Headed straight for our HOF and I hope he can win at least one last flag in his last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting if he wanted to leave at age 30 out of contract

maybe we get good compo

invest in a player who can hit a target

As you said he's 30. Doubt anyone would offer him more than a 2 year deal with an option of a third. That would be a second rounder at best if not a third.

If he'd a poor season fair enough but he hasn't so doubt we wouldn't offer him a new contract.

As you said he's 30. Doubt anyone would offer him more than a 2 year deal with an option of a third. That would be a second rounder at best if not a third.

If he'd a poor season fair enough but he hasn't so doubt we wouldn't offer him a new contract.

Wasn’t suggesting we wouldn’t

But hope he goes more forward

His disposal is atrocious at time despite being such a great shot for goal

interesting if he wanted to leave at age 30 out of contract

maybe we get good compo

invest in a player who can hit a target

Heart & soul player that you just keep no matter what. Boak is the same at Port. Selwood too at Cats & he was looking done a few years ago.
The guy just needs help around him so he can do his thing. Warner was missed so much last night. I have to say that Warner has been the point of difference in our midfield this year compared to previous years & it was obvious last night. If fit, Warner will not miss much senior footy as a Swan going forward. Just an absolute gun who we were crying out for last night.

Imo, worst disposal going inside 50 in the team, best disposal inside 50.

I don't think his game was any worse last night than any other game, but when we rely on Parker it becomes obvious what his weaknesses are.
Its a shame because we were also being slaughter in contested ball, so I can see why he wasn't moved forward.

Going forward though, I think our team is a lot stronger with Parker being a clever and tough forward who can kick straight, rather than a contested ball winner who gives the opposition the ball.

Heart & soul player that you just keep no matter what. Boak is the same at Port. Selwood too at Cats & he was looking done a few years ago.
The guy just needs help around him so he can do his thing. Warner was missed so much last night. I have to say that Warner has been the point of difference in our midfield this year compared to previous years & it was obvious last night. If fit, Warner will not miss much senior footy as a Swan going forward. Just an absolute gun who we were crying out for last night.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Parker should be helping everyone else and leading, 10 years, 220 games and you want others to help him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Heart and soul and keeping injured players etc are all old suburban footy things

We need to be ruthless

Parker is a great swans player but he is also a liability at times and if someone could be conned into offering overs then good I say

When it’s tough he is often the one making mistakes, and if someone wants to pay him in his declining years it’s worth exploring imo

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Parker should be helping everyone else and leading, 10 years, 220 games and you want others to help him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I said he needs help around him .........................players actually pulling their weight doing their own roles properly so he can do his.
He was leading alright from what I saw. No body in our team goes more physically than him so if people think that's easily replaceable then I guess we let him go for say............................... a third round pick for a slow 30 year old who can't hit a target.
Seriously!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Imo, worst disposal going inside 50 in the team, best disposal inside 50.

I don't think his game was any worse last night than any other game, but when we rely on Parker it becomes obvious what his weaknesses are.
Its a shame because we were also being slaughter in contested ball, so I can see why he wasn't moved forward.

Going forward though, I think our team is a lot stronger with Parker being a clever and tough forward who can kick straight, rather than a contested ball winner who gives the opposition the ball.
He is right up there leading the team in goal assists so I think your opinion is based on vibes rather than what happens on the field.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back