Delisted 26. Luke Parks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooker kicked 5 on Jones, Tippa kicked 4 on Plowman and whoever was on Stringer let him have 5 scoring shots too.

I think most the hype on Parks is about his mongrel and attack on the footy, but I do agree with you to some extent. It's clear that our defence has some work to do.

We rank 6th in the league for points against, yet 5th in the league for points for. We have the potential to do some real damage.
No he didn't.

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood

I can’t tell, is that BT with the call? Funny if it is because we can see Newnes, Parks (tackler) and Plowman in the vision. And he thought Cunners made the tackle lol.

Was it that idiot Darcy who said great call BT? Not a functioning brain cell between them.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Was it that idiot Darcy who said great call BT? Not a functioning brain cell between them.

Yeah, it was. They all love patting each other on the back.

Unfortunately no accompanying video but...

That was in the rooms after a game face to face with the player. 😂

Koutamightafides

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
While the hit on Tippa was awesome, his man took 5 contested marks and kicked 3 goals (one is on DOC failing to cover the leading lane), fell over chasing the lose ball in front of Hooker resulting in Tippa's 3rd goal and took an air swing at the ball resulting in Tippa's 4th.

Think the hype is over the top
3rd AFL game bro ! 💙 Parks the new flying doormat 💙

To be fair to BT, I think it was a case of him going on the number. Saw the 2 and thought it was 28 instead of 26.

Needs to brush up on his player identification skills but it wasn't that grievous.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Parks’ tackling and aerial work was something to keep an eye on, with a mammoth tackle on Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti that brought the crowd to their feet and seemingly shifted the momentum of the game.

“I thought he was going to take off as soon as he hit that junction but he slowed up and I don’t think he realised I was coming,” Parks said.
“My eyes sort of lit up when I knew I got that tackle but I was pretty stoked to get that one.

"He’s a big boy" I was pretty winded after that, he’s strong.”

So were we Luke :laughv1: :laughv1: :laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mondyboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
While the hit on Tippa was awesome, his man took 5 contested marks and kicked 3 goals (one is on DOC failing to cover the leading lane), fell over chasing the lose ball in front of Hooker resulting in Tippa's 3rd goal and took an air swing at the ball resulting in Tippa's 4th.

Think the hype is over the top

Parks ain’t perfect. You can see he’s learning his craft on the fly. And, yeah, he makes mistakes. But the intensity and competitive nature he brings is worth shouting about given our well documented lack of intensity this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Plowman was 100% playing on Tippa at the start of the game. I didn't pay attention to that match up during the 2nd half but if Plomwan did move off him, it was the right call. He was getting slaughtered - 3 goals in one quarter.
No he didn't. Tippa kicked one on Plowman. A bit hard to blame Plowman for goals 2 and 3 given he was on the interchange.

For the record, Plowman spent 16 minutes of the quarter on Tippa and conceded one goal.
3:44 - Plowman off the field
2:40 - Tippa kicks a goal on Saad. Plowman still on the bench
1:40 - Tippa kicks a goal on Stocker. Plowman still on the bench

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
No he didn't. Tippa kicked one on Plowman. A bit hard to blame Plowman for goals 2 and 3 given he was on the interchange.

For the record, Plowman spent 16 minutes of the quarter on Tippa and conceded one goal.
3:44 - Plowman off the field
2:40 - Tippa kicks a goal on Saad. Plowman still on the bench
1:40 - Tippa kicks a goal on Stocker. Plowman still on the bench

And this is why people should watch a replay before they tee off on a player...

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Should just draft every Sydney academy player.

Lucky for us the Crows decided to blow their Pick 1 on Bryce Gibbs in the rookie draft for some reason. Allowed us to take Luke Parks with Pick 8.

You’d think the Crows would have watched a bit of Parks running around with Glenelg for a year lol.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Parks ain’t perfect. You can see he’s learning his craft on the fly. And, yeah, he makes mistakes. But the intensity and competitive nature he brings is worth shouting about given our well documented lack of intensity this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's definitely raw and makes mistakes but his role makes the team better and his competitive nature and 2nd effort shows there's a serious player emerging in a place of need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back