Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he’s on the money

Because you obviously want him delisted…

And there’s literally ZERO chance he will be.
What a load of rubbish. Rather than playing the man he could of answered the question. You likewise as well. Name at least four players that you can think of that will be delisted before him rather than playing the Tin Shed Cowboy ?

He just doesn't have work rate. Goes missing in the second half of games. How does a player striving to play AFL football barely get a touch in the second half of basic VFL games? Nobody wants him to fail. He is just failing himself to work hard enough to succeed. Therefore he will get delisted soon enough. Instead of where's Wally's. Where's Riley? Lol

Pains me to say it, but Corey Ellis had more impact in his first four years than RCD - and Ellis' impact was absolutely minimal.

Kid could play , he was drafted with the knowledge of all that he was no where near where it was felt his potential was . The fact he has regressed since his first year is on the club , even considering covid interruption . We don’t develop mids taken after pick 3 and it won’t surprise me if in 2-3 years this same discussion is being had about Dow , Sonsie , Martin etc etc .
Club has over complicated this kids role to the point he has no ******* idea what he should be doing when and as such often has the look of a deer in headlights.

He looks
Like a deer in headlights bc he doesn’t know where to run beyond the stoppage, that’s been a problem since day dot and hasn’t improved. It’s on him just as
Much as the development coaches.

The way I look at it is there will be probably a minimum of 3-4 delisting's at season's end plus retirements, so his name will be closely behind Aarts who will be the first.
3-4 you reckon.
Pretty certain/certain to go: Caddy, Edwards, Aarts, Lambert, Parker, Martyn
Possible: Martin, Cotchin, Tarrant (will be playing VFL mostly if we are fully fit).
Then one or two might decide to leave for more opportunity, as per the last 5 years.

That's 12 players in total, so if a few stay, that could be 7-8 spots available fairly conservatively.

3-4 you reckon.
Possible: Martin, Cotchin, Tarrant (will be playing VFL mostly if we are fully fit).
Then one or two might decide to leave for more opportunity, as per the last 5 years.

That's 12 players in total, so if a few stay, that could be 7-8 spots available fairly conservatively.
Think types like Aarts, Parker and even Martyn might still get a year
12 changes is to many, even 7 is a large amount imo effectively 1/4 of the playing list and we still need some mature depth
Especially if we hit the draft hard again, don’t want to be playing kids before they are ready especially for multiple games does more harm than good and destroys confidence

3-4 you reckon.

That's a response I was looking for rather than the hysterical personal attacks. Yeah I reckon your picks are on the money Martyn and RCD will be fighting for their spots and one will go out of them.

That's a response I was looking for rather than the hysterical personal attacks. Yeah I reckon your picks are on the money Martyn and RCD will be fighting for their spots and one will go out of them.
RCD has an upside I don't think Martyn particularly does. Point is we will have to hold on to players that have at least AFL traits as next season or two the cupboard could become pretty bare.

What a load of rubbish. Rather than playing the man he could of answered the question. You likewise as well. Name at least four players that you can think of that will be delisted before him rather than playing the Tin Shed Cowboy ?
Playing the man? Tin shed cowboy?

I’ve got
Literally no idea what you’re on about…

Just stating a fact that RCD will 100% be on the list next year.. unless he wants to leave. Richmond will definitely be wanting him to stay.

To even think he could be delisted is bizarre.

But you’re entitled to your opinion obviously.. so we will see 👍

Playing the man? Tin shed cowboy?

I’ve got
Literally no idea what you’re on about…

Just stating a fact that RCD will 100% be on the list next year.. unless he wants to leave. Richmond will definitely be wanting him to stay.

To even think he could be delisted is bizarre.

But you’re entitled to your opinion obviously.. so we will see 👍
100% ?? Source please?:laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RCD has an upside I don't think Martyn particularly does. Point is we will have to hold on to players that have at least AFL traits as next season or two the cupboard could become pretty bare.
The other factor is the number of picks and where they are. Our current fringe players (ie chance of making it / average as even a depth player) would likely be a better option than a r5+ pick. We have only three decent picks at the moment.
Caddy is one, but that spot getting replaced next month (assuming that player is retained).
Cotch, Shedda and Lambo (??), with Jack even a possibility.
so these fringe younger players may see opportunity as finally some senior players are leaving, and club may say 'we don't have the picks'.
Of course if some trades occur - (no Dusty - don't do it!!), a few decent picks could open up.

I think RCD will stick around for another year (unless another club offers him a trade which I doubt). It will be easier to break into the midfield without one of Cotch, Lambert or Shedda (though I reckon we can keep Sheds for one more year). But also, not sure if the RFC has the environment for him to succeed and maybe a different place can do wonders for him.

Likewise to you
I always make it really clear what I think and what I know and what I want. Do you genuinely think that Jake Aarts will be the first player delisted?
Okay, four players before RCD.

Caddy a definite.
Edwards most likely.
Lambert likely.
Cotchin and/or Riewoldt perhaps.

Five before even thinking of RCD.

Aarts, Martyn, Parker all more likely of delisting before RCD too.

That's eight.

That's what I think.

I always make it really clear what I think and what I know and what I want. Do you genuinely think that Jake Aarts will be the first player delisted?

Okay, four players before RCD.

Caddy a definite.
Edwards most likely.
Lambert likely.
Cotchin and/or Riewoldt perhaps.

Five before even thinking of RCD.

Aarts, Martyn, Parker all more likely of delisting before RCD too.

That's eight.

That's what I think.
Cotchin and Riewoldt won’t retire. Lol.
Did you see RCD in the VFL today? His name will be up for delisting.

RCD just doesn’t get the ball. Jack Ross + RCD = a useful VAFA player (not two players). But, in the VFL today there were no standouts. Stack shows nothing. All the recruits fumbled a lot. Parker another I’ll disciplined. Arts useless and fumbled. Ryan will never be any good. So, we have not much to replace Edwards, soldo, Castagna, MCintosh, and Ross. Ross gets the ball a bit but does a lot of nothing. Does not hurt sides.

FFS! Another 1st round bust. We're not going to get pick 90 for this spud at the end of year. Where's all his sycophants now????? How about his mum's sewing circle mates who joined bigfooty to defend poor little lamb tankboy???? Such a nothing player...... Hey he's tall, tall blokes take time to develop.... Maybe we should sign him for 5 years just in case? Lol where's his defenders now or have they run out of excuses and admitted those with working eyesight who actually watch the games were right all along. Disappointed to be right but was obvious early days.

Yup he’s not good enough. Delisted or he’s off to another club for a token pick. Would rather paddy Dow atm

Sad to say it but have to be realistic, he's just not up to it at the moment. He's had enough time and opportunity, but he's never kicked on. Probably delisted at end of season, or may be sent to another club for a token pick upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back