Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Infamy

πŸ―πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Still looks pretty skinny when standing at the centre bounces, probably needs another 2 good preseasons to get a proper AFL build

Greggy

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
I think we could recruit any player from a lower tier that would provide more than RCD will year in year out, it’s his lack of composure, ball winning and awareness that worries me, guys like Bont and Cripps were racking it up at his age, I don’t really want a long term project player from that early in the draft.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265Β° S, 145.0069Β° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
I thought he got into some good situations and positions in close tonight. In the clinches. Yeah, ok he got caught a bit but he’s hardly had any experience at that level in those situations.

Pretty sure the more runs we get into him at that level, the better he’s gonna get.

69vintage

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting from Jack R in a interview a couple of weeks ago saying RCD had dropped a couple of kgs over summer to boost his running capacity. Obviously the club places endurance over the bigger inside player .
Still looks pretty skinny when standing at the centre bounces, probably needs another 2 good preseasons to get a proper AFL build
On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I think we could recruit any player from a lower tier that would provide more than RCD will year in year out, it’s his lack of composure, ball winning and awareness that worries me, guys like Bont and Cripps were racking it up at his age, I don’t really want a long term project player from that early in the draft.
Pick 20 ?? He didnt have the Bont like talent to be selected top 4

I really liked the glimpses of what RCD showed tonight, 1st game at the level and a slow burn thats nearly ready to slot into the best 22
Kid is strong through the hips and his burst is exciting to watch. seemed to feel confident to do the things he did at juniors

I like it

Rodney Dangerfield

Doesn’t matter
Mar 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool,Bournemouth
Strong teams have forever had guys held back for years due to depth and they develop in the twos, start later than their contemporaries at a senior level, and often end up better overall players. It’s still about the long game with these blokes.
And consider also they’ve just had a season off when fighting fit which would have been bloody tough and a real kick in the guts for development

Last edited:

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He's very raw and still skinny, but for me he's a still a development player but with good potential. He needs games, but he might not be quite ready. If there's a way we can get him 10-15 this year it will help his preseason enormously and then 2022 I have real hopes.

Jack Ross is 100% the one to watch for 2021.

tony__montana

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
8 touches in a half isnt too bad. Showed some strength when being tackled at times which I was happy to see. In one play he fended off a player and took off unaware that another player was closing on him and he got caught - that was pure VFL vs AFL speed. In the VFL he wouldve got away and looked great, at AFL theres so much less time. He needs to be exposed at the highest level more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tora tora tora

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
He's very raw and still skinny, but for me he's a still a development player but with good potential. He needs games, but he might not be quite ready. If there's a way we can get him 10-15 this year it will help his preseason enormously and then 2022 I have real hopes.

Jack Ross is 100% the one to watch for 2021.
10-15 games would be ideal but RCD
be lucky to play half that. Jack Ross has already established himself over a few seasons.

DontArgue4

17πŸ†19πŸ†20πŸ†
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Arsenal, PhiEagles
8 touches in a half isnt too bad. Showed some strength when being tackled at times which I was happy to see. In one play he fended off a player and took off unaware that another player was closing on him and he got caught - that was pure VFL vs AFL speed. In the VFL he wouldve got away and looked great, at AFL theres so much less time. He needs to be exposed at the highest level more
He didn't even play a half

captain cotch 9

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
They weren’t playing in premiership teams. We can afford to give our young players 2-3 years in the twos

_RT_

2017 2019 2020
Sep 17, 2006
Southern Stand Punt Road End
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies Premiers 2010
Solid first hitout at the highest level even if it was a glorified scratch match. Got caught a couple of times, but in some instances was still able to keep his feet and feed out a handball. Played 39% of game time, had it 8 times but was ranked 3rd overall for pressure acts with 19, beaten by Graham & Lambert who both played more than double the amount of game time. Plenty to work with moving forward and will only get better with experience.

Infamy

πŸ―πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Not every player bursts onto the scene straight away, we always knew that RCD was going to need some development, one year of which was pretty much wiped out as he wasn't able to play proper games at the lower level.
You're holding him to ridiculously high standards

Remove this Banner Ad