Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently there is an article on why this boy is going to help us win a 3peat :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: in the hun today, surely one of you lads can gives us a snippet at what the article says ???
It was just about how we'll want the next wave of talent to be coming through. Nothing specifically about RCD.

Cheekbone may keep him out. Lambert let it slip that he had a small fracture.

Midfield depth is coming on nicely, Bolton and Graham having break out years 2020. It’d be great if 1 of RCD, Dow, Ross, Martyn can do similar this year.

Cheekbone may keep him out. Lambert let it slip that he had a small fracture.

Midfield depth is coming on nicely, Bolton and Graham having break out years 2020. It’d be great if 1 of RCD, Dow, Ross, Martyn can do similar this year.
Grimes played with a badly injured cheekbone (the year he had the mask) and Cotch did a number of seasons ago as well from memory

I think the only reason he wasn’t in the practice game was because of concussion protocol not because of the cheekbone itself

Hopefully we see him play Friday

Grimes played with a badly injured cheekbone (the year he had the mask) and Cotch did a number of seasons ago as well from memory

I think the only reason he wasn’t in the practice game was because of concussion protocol not because of the cheekbone itself

Hopefully we see him play Friday

Not sure you’d roll anyone out in a meaningless practice match with any fracture regardless how minor. Would be good to see him but I’d prefer to see him ripping in at 100%

Not sure you’d roll anyone out in a meaningless practice match with any fracture regardless how minor. Would be good to see him but I’d prefer to see him ripping in at 100%
If he was established best 22 I would tend to agree but because they haven’t seen him at any level under proper match conditions for over 12 months they would at least give him a half or qtr even if it’s just a practice match just to make sure he is ready to make the step up

If he was established best 22 I would tend to agree but because they haven’t seen him at any level under proper match conditions for over 12 months they would at least give him a half or qtr even if it’s just a practice match just to make sure he is ready to make the step up

But if he’s not right then it’s counter productive.

But if he’s not right then it’s counter productive.
Just depends on how bad the fracture is if it didn’t require surgery It would be on the less severe end of the scale and virtually no risk at all

Just depends on how bad the fracture is if it didn’t require surgery It would be on the less severe end of the scale and virtually no risk at all

What about the player? He may not feel comfortable or confident that it is 100% which may give him some doubts. That will show up in his play and will cause a few to put a line through him. (Plenty here will) especially being an inside mid.
If he’s not 100% right no way knowing I’d be playing him. It’s a long season. No point having any risk in mid March

I’m a big advocate for once you cross that white line your 100% and there’s no excuses. I just want the kid to be 100% so we get to see his best

What about the player? He may not feel comfortable or confident that it is 100% which may give him some doubts. That will show up in his play and will cause a few to put a line through him. (Plenty here will) especially being an inside mid.
If he’s not 100% right no way knowing I’d be playing him. It’s a long season. No point having any risk in mid March
Before any selection meetings every player is asked if they feel they are ready to play so it wouldn’t even get to the point where he would play and he didn’t feel right within himself

Before any selection meetings every player is asked if they feel they are ready to play so it wouldn’t even get to the point where he would play and he didn’t feel right within himself

Exactly my point. If he’s not right he doesn’t play whether the injury has heeled or not

I’m a big advocate for once you cross that white line your 100% and there’s no excuses. I just want the kid to be 100% so we get to see his best
FWIW
I just read this on the club app in the injury report

“Riley Collier-Dawkins was on the end of a heavy collision that day as well, so sat out last week but should be available this week.”

Tigers' injury status ahead of AAMI Community Series
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/871440

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s got it

Yeah, looked ok a fair bit of his time on ground - used his body well when attacking the footy, a beeeeeeautifil spin out traffic with the ball in hand. Still aways to go, but agree with you Boxman, he's got it!

Yeah, looked ok a fair bit of his time on ground - used his body well when attacking the footy, a beeeeeeautifil spin out traffic with the ball in hand. Still aways to go, but agree with you Boxman, he's got it!
hes got it yeah baby hes got it
im your venus im your fire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back