Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs game time. Could potentially come on really quickly if given the opportunity. Prefer to play a kid like him over a limited Aarts.
Aarts is competing for small fwd spot. George was good again. Aarts was on a par with Dan. RCD is competing for Prestia's spot.

Aarts is competing for small fwd spot. George was good again. Aarts was on a par with Dan. RCD is competing for Prestia's spot.
Why couldn’t RCD play forward and rotate through the middle to begin with. Looks like he is a fairly smart player capable of playing time forward to me.

Why couldn’t RCD play forward and rotate through the middle to begin with. Looks like he is a fairly smart player capable of playing time forward to me.
Who comes out of the forward line for RCD to play there ? At the moment the only spots available are Houli and possibly Prestia if he doesn't come up. Perhaps Pickett's wing which Caddy would have dibs on. I personally think Caddy will come in for Houli but go into the mids/wing rotation as we've been playing with 8 defenders instead of seven. Houli out, leaves 7 defenders and three defensive wingers (who all also get forward). RCD will have to wait for a midfield spot. Can't see Dimma sacrificing the manic forward pressure and if Rioli came out Aarts is the one to go in there.

Last edited:
It was mentioned on Twitter he was 3rd on field for pressure acts but only had 39% game time
He’s definitely doing the team things that out coaches value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised he isn't picked. Prestia and Cotch do the grunt work, Martyn and Ross also do the grunt work. RCD is your target option to break the game open with his clearances, of which Martin and Bolton are the guys we try and get open a lot of the time. Had they missed and RCD still didn't get a game I would be concerned but balance wise the other two makes more sense given the players missing.

He just re signed 2 more years last year so hold your horses
Kid is still growing into his body
I know I'm just being a sillybilly. I hope he comes good and get's a shot soon. Though for Dimma to be spruiking him so heavily pre-season to him not even getting an emergency position something is amiss.

I know I'm just being a sillybilly. I hope he comes good and get's a shot soon. Though for Dimma to be spruiking him so heavily pre-season to him not even getting an emergency position something is amiss.

Maybe it’s another niggle? Like the time last year when he was going to debut but instead he twinged his shoulder in the scratch match before which meant Dow got the gig 🤷‍♂️

Yeah he will get his chance soon enough
Just hope he continues to build up in VFL until then
When it happens it happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back