Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Dont forget pick #19 Liam Stocker who SOS jumped in front of Richmond to select

Think we are getting impatient due to wanting to see him play. Kid was given a 2 year extension without making his debut
Coaches must rate him

Stocker had a good game in the losing carlton 2s team.

Interesting to see how the two go this season

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Plays a blinder the day after we pump a side by nearly 15 goals

There’s likely to be no changes to the lineup

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We pumped them because RCD, Ross and Martyn destroyed their midfield, with some good cameo's from quite a few others, but RCD was the best of them all. You can't negate his performance by saying they were crap, we made them crap because Ross and RCD are a level above VFL by some way.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
We pumped them because RCD, Ross and Martyn destroyed their midfield, with some good cameo's from quite a few others, but CCJ was the best of them all. You can't negate his performance by saying they were crap, we made them crap because Ross and RCD are a level above VFL by some way.
He’s talking about the AFL side pumping the saints...

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
IMG_8415.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 26, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
One of the most pleasing things for me was that he had 7 tackles. His lack of defensive pressure was talked about a lot last year. If he can continue finding the ball 20ish times a game to go with a handful of tackles, he will debut soon enough.

I personally would give him a run after this game. Reward the kid for his performance. If players like Martyn, Mansell, Dow etc can all get debuts after solid games in the VFL, surely a clear BOG performance should help him debut.
i remember watching some footage of the 12 a side scratch matches last year and i can not blame him for lack of defensive pressure, every team looked like they were barely trying

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
What is happening with this kid? I missed the game this week but a mate said Dimma in his presser effectively poured cold water on any thought RCD might come into the side. The week before he laid a game high 8 tackles and had 30 touches.

If RCD is laying tackles to this level while also getting large numbers of possessions, what is he not doing which makes him "A Tiger player"? Surely with Prestia out this is the time to give him a go.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What is happening with this kid? I missed the game this week but a mate said Dimma in his presser effectively poured cold water on any thought RCD might come into the side. The week before he laid a game high 8 tackles and had 30 touches.

If RCD is laying tackles to this level while also getting large numbers of possessions, what is he not doing which makes him "A Tiger player"? Surely with Prestia out this is the time to give him a go.

It is a good question. The answer may be as simple as Dusty out and Ross has been waiting patiently for an inside mid role to come up and he is next in line. Unsure who would be the logical replacement for Lambert though. Naish has been winning praise from X. Clarke for his contested work, which is the area the club wanted him to improve. Or perhaps a second ruck comes in. It is not overly obvious who will come in but it will be intriguing to see what the club does. The cupboard suddenly looks quite bare in terms of ready made replacements. Caddy doesn’t seem to be going well. Perhaps Ralphsmith might be a chance. Dow would be another right in line for selection bar not being fit. 😩

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL

Dimma has repeatedly stated that he doesn't like RCD's big ears. Case closed.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

It's strange. VFL form has been good and with Prestia gone we've been crying out for an inside mid. With Dusty gone and against the Dogs surely we cannot just bring in Ross? It's got to be both of them IMO.

wigglyworm

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
Concord
AFL Club
Richmond
If Dimma is saying no RCD I'm amazed. Was briliiiant against Casey. Is tough fast and a big bodied mid. Why wouldn't he debut this week. Makes no sense at all. How to smash a kids confidence, if it is not smashed already.

Didnt see the game but it only looks like he got about 12-13 possessions in the game in a flogging. Unless he was injured that seems like a poor game

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
If Dimma is saying no RCD I'm amazed. Was briliiiant against Casey. Is tough fast and a big bodied mid. Why wouldn't he debut this week. Makes no sense at all. How to smash a kids confidence, if it is not smashed already.
He only had 13 touches against Casey, but he certainly wasn't alone in struggling to find the ball. The whole team was smashed.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Re Dimma presser after the game I thought it was a very unusual question from a journo to ask him specifically about RCD - rather than a general question as to who may come in.
Dimma was very noncommittal, he didn’t refer to Riley, played a straight bat gave nothing away. So read into that what you want.
If he doesn’t play this week it’ll probably be more to do with matchups than anything else. It’s a tough midfield to debut against but that didn’t stop them playing Martyn against Port.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Re Dimma presser after the game I thought it was a very unusual question from a journo to ask him specifically about RCD - rather than a general question as to who may come in.
Dimma was very noncommittal, he didn’t refer to Riley, played a straight bat gave nothing away. So read into that what you want.
If he doesn’t play this week it’ll probably be more to do with matchups than anything else. It’s a tough midfield to debut against but that didn’t stop them playing Martyn against Port.
Match ups?!

We needed another mid when it was just Prestia out. Now with Prestia and Martin and Lambert out it's a no brainer.

Match ups is a cop out, this game is crying out for an RCD type big bodied midfielder against the best midfield in the comp. In all honesty, probably at least 2 of Ross, RCD and Martyn need to play this week.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
I look at the 2018 draft and almost all picked before RCD are looking like good players and pretty much no-one after RCD has done much...until you get to Jack Ross at pick 43?
I don’t watch much footy though.

Would like to hear about him dominating VFL games often rather than one flashy game in a VFL GF.
How many of those players picked b4 RCD have played in a premiership team

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Didnt see the game but it only looks like he got about 12-13 possessions in the game in a flogging. Unless he was injured that seems like a poor game
Chasing arse all game by the sounds of it. Looks like we were jumped by a good side, probably a bit flat coming off 30 possession game the week before and dominating.

Back