Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a read of this article from his draft year again
Funny that people say he’s never been a big ball winner but his Ave playing for the chargers over the season was 20.5 and 1 goal
Pretty decent numbers imo

Have met Chris and Jacinta a few times at vfl matches, lovely both of them, absolutely stoked Riley is making his debut tonight,

Have met Chris and Jacinta a few times at vfl matches, lovely both of them, absolutely stoked Riley is making his debut tonight,
Seems a very confident in his own ability sort of kid!
Love it
Hope he crushes!
Slightly worried about him trying to do too much too early cos he’s that sort of kid

I'm interested to see if he grasps his opportunity or is overwhelmed and chases tail all game. I'm hoping with the presence of Ross, he feels more confident and together they can carve out a future together for our club as inside mids.

One thing we can try and take advantage of is his height when kicking to contests on the wings and if he rests down forward. Ross the same. Is really about their endurance and willingness to run from contest to contest. If they can't run out the game they will struggle going forward.

Seems a very confident in his own ability sort of kid!
Love it
Hope he crushes!
Slightly worried about him trying to do too much too early cos he’s that sort of kid
I think he will be fine
Think the diamond cutting shoulders of Marlion will help clear a path for young Riley

About time this kid got selected. Long overdue!

Why did this bust get selected hasn’t played a game yet and has been on the list 3 seasons.

Am I doing this right? 🤣

In all seriousness good luck to the young fella.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I was impressed with was his ability to stand up in the tackle and get a handball away. Strong hips and core on the young fella!

14 disposals, 11 contested, 5 clearances and 5 tackles

thats a great stat line against a strong midfield. well done rcd
Against a midfield that consists of Macrae , Bontempelli , Hunter , Treloar , Libba , Smith and Co

great 1st up effort by the kid , Well done RCD

Still very raw and you can see he's got a way to go but with gametime and confidence that he belongs at the level we will have a player in time.

I don't think he will hold his spot all year but certainly should play 5-10 games this year. Really happy with his game.

Still very raw and you can see he's got a way to go but with gametime and confidence that he belongs at the level we will have a player in time.

I don't think he will hold his spot all year but certainly should play 5-10 games this year. Really happy with his game.

Good analysis. I’d add that he added a bit of aggression around the ball, something we’ve lacked this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back