#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Remove this Banner Ad

He has had a few years now in the system. If he was going to be a gun why isn’t he dominating at VFL level? He just doesn’t look mobile enough to me, and I haven’t seen a game yet where he has marked the ball cleanly.

He has dominated a couple of vfl games, the hawks game last year where he kicked 6 i think and he kicked 3 last weekend. More than tim smith or spargo have ever kicked and those two are seemingly gifted games.
The year is shot i cant see any reason why we arent playing him unless hes outlined to the club he wont be staying beyond 2019.

He has dominated a couple of vfl games, the hawks game last year where he kicked 6 i think and he kicked 3 last weekend. More than tim smith or spargo have ever kicked and those two are seemingly gifted games.
The year is shot i cant see any reason why we arent playing him unless hes outlined to the club he wont be staying beyond 2019.

Comparing Spargo to Weid.. What?

Weid has played way more games than Smith.

I don't think he will leave, of he can kick another 3 this weekend then he will earn his call up.

He is massively inconsistent.

Really? probably a good bit of business from the club to resign him in the form hes in, I'm sure that exorbitant figure thrown around earlier in the year has had a significant haircut

For how much? Hope we didn’t pay the huge coin. Has a bit to prove before that I feel.
You can't blame him for trying, but I think he'll have had to swallow his pride with the form he's in and take something much more reasonable, with him and the club happy to sign short term, and give him 2 more seasons to demand the money he wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much that missed set shot cost him? Could have asked for $100k more if he kicked it i reckon. Costly miss for a number of reasons..

Piss off idiot. You act like someone who seems to know everything, yet all you do is clog up the board with disagreements with everyone's comments. Everyone's opinion is rubbish, or everyone is a peanut for having an opinion that you don't agree with. You have to make it known to everyone that you don't agree with a comment. I highly doubt you are even a Melbourne supporter. I know several posters who don't post on here anymore because they can't deal with your bullshit. No wonder this place is a ghost town these days.

******** idiot. You act like someone who seems to know everything, yet all you do is clog up the board with disagreements with everyone's comments. Everyone's opinion is rubbish, or everyone is a peanut for having an opinion that you don't agree with. You have to make it known to everyone that you don't agree with a comment. I highly doubt you are even a Melbourne supporter. I know several posters who don't post on here anymore because they can't deal with your ********. No wonder this place is a ghost town these days.

Crivens, steady on. I nearly responded to your post similarly earlier because I doubt the club is waiting for a player to have a bad game or come up short at a pivotal moment so they can lowball them with a contract offer. Weid's contract value would have been based on his potential, his form this season and maybe some external interest from other clubs, so that kick he missed wouldn't have mattered so much as the fact he was dropped for 2/3 of the games this year. Pretty sure that's what Topkent meant by "rubbish".

Crivens, steady on. I nearly responded to your post similarly earlier because I doubt the club is waiting for a player to have a bad game or come up short at a pivotal moment so they can lowball them with a contract offer. Weid's contract value would have been based on his potential, his form this season and maybe some external interest from other clubs, so that kick he missed wouldn't have mattered so much as the fact he was dropped for 2/3 of the games this year. Pretty sure that's what Topkent meant by "rubbish".
Players across all sports have been given contract extensions, extra $$$ based on 1 play, or 1 great game. Didn't we give Grgic a contract extension after his one and only good game? Can't remember who it was against, but he was being compared to Garry Lyon. Well done to him. Sometimes that's all it takes. Sam has put his balls on the line and asked for a huge payday. If he kicks that goal after a pretty good game, who knows. He could absolutely go back and ask for more $$$. To prove he is capable of kicking a winning goal when it matters is a big deal IMO. Maybe not $100,000 more, but when you are talking about $800,000 being an asking price per season, why couldn't he add another $50k a year over the next two seasons if he kicks that goal? If the club was offering $400,000 a season before that kick, I wouldn't be upset with the club if they ended up paying him $450,000 a season after that. Do you really think that is totally beyond the realms of possibility? I don't. But hey, my comment is rubbish because TopKent says so, so I must be wrong..

******** idiot. You act like someone who seems to know everything, yet all you do is clog up the board with disagreements with everyone's comments. Everyone's opinion is rubbish, or everyone is a peanut for having an opinion that you don't agree with. You have to make it known to everyone that you don't agree with a comment. I highly doubt you are even a Melbourne supporter. I know several posters who don't post on here anymore because they can't deal with your ********. No wonder this place is a ghost town these days.

Is this a serious post? Stick to your weekly melts mate.

TK is one of the better posters on here mate. Stop sooking that your post was rightfully called out for the hyperbole that it was.
Nah fair enough post I think, I've spent the last decade posting on here as an undercover Carlton supporter.

TK is one of the better posters on here mate. Stop sooking that your post was rightfully called out for the hyperbole that it was.
Better posters? By calling everyone he doesnt agree with a peanut? Or saying rubbish to everything he doesnt agree with? Thats not a good poster mate. Number of posts doesn't make him one of the better posters. His bullshit has sent several posters away from this forum and they only go on the main board now or have disappeared onto another site altogether. So i guess they are sooks as well hey?

Nah fair enough post I think, I've spent the last decade posting on here as an undercover Carlton supporter.

I think you're a terrible poster. Not a patch on that nickgrant fella.

Fellas we can all have our disagreements, that's what debating is all about. All we ask is that you treat each other civilly when discussing things. So i have to ask that we drop this conversation and move on Crusty Demon Topkent thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back