#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Remove this Banner Ad

Chuck Hannan and Bennell in there aswell

Yep, i think we need to stick Bennell in a pocket to play, natural ability around goals will be handy. He gets too lost further up the ground and looks slow which is no surprise considering he basically has no calves.

Bennell is an icing on the cake player at this stage. If the rest of the team is flying he’ll kick bags, but he’s not going to lift us up. Would have starred if we’d had him in 2018.

Weid and TMac could potentially work, but I think that pushes Jackson out.

With Weid as main man and TMac working up the ground more and then using endurance to push back into the forward line. Provided TMac can get his old mobility back, he used to be by far the fittest player in our team.

With Weid as main man and TMac working up the ground more and then using endurance to push back into the forward line. Provided TMac can get his old mobility back, he used to be by far the fittest player in our team.

I'd take Jackson over two T McDonald's at this stage. Actually brings the ball to ground (or marks it), is somehow more mobile, and can relief ruck. Balance is much better with him in the team

I agree with this but for it to work, Tom would have to do the pinch hit ruck work to give Gawn a chop out because Weid absolutely has to remain permanently forward.

However, given I'm still of the opinion we're a bottom 4 side under Goodwin, I'd persevere with Jackson until he needs a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what, the role he played last night is the role he should always play - 2nd ruck and roam, leaving Weed to play from the square.
In my defence I didn’t have the faith in them to actually do it, have been wanting to see him through the midfield since last year. No doubt there’s a role for him still and he looked better when he went forward than he has all year.

At the moment I'd say he's our most structurally important player.

It's remarkable the consistency he's found since being back in the team. Hits packs time after time and really brings our smalls into the game.

We are using him differently then we did a year or two ago. He spends most of his time very deep and is getting less of the ball but is having way more impact in the air. Rarely beaten by a defender. Even Darcy Moore only had 1 intercept mark on him?

He also didn't allow Harris Andrews to intercept at will either.

His season reminds me of 2018 Brayshaw. Talented, questions beginning to be asked, Started out of the team then ended up taking up an important role and starting to click.

At the moment I'd say he's our most structurally important player.

It's remarkable the consistency he's found since being back in the team. Hits packs time after time and really brings our smalls into the game.

We are using him differently then we did a year or two ago. He spends most of his time very deep and is getting less of the ball but is having way more impact in the air. Rarely beaten by a defender. Even Darcy Moore only had 1 intercept mark on him?

He also didn't allow Harris Andrews to intercept at will either.

His season reminds me of 2018 Brayshaw. Talented, questions beginning to be asked, Started out of the team then ended up taking up an important role and starting to click.

We should send his grandpa a christmas hamper for publicly chiding him for being soft in prior years.

He relishes the contest now. Got straight back up after copping a hit to the face a few weeks ago.

I love that he is seemingly hot early in games. He can drift out of the game a bit as it goes on, but by being on early he makes really good defenders (i.e. Andrews and Moore) have to respect him and be accountable. Does wonders for our forward line as a whole having the Weid fly at everything, especially early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back