#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Remove this Banner Ad

Really doesn’t need much of the ball to make an impact, him crashing packs has been so important to us this season. So glad he seems to have found his game, always seemed like a great kid.

2nd for marks inside 50 per game and 5th for goals per game this season

Kid is really starting to break out!
I can't believe how well he's playing, I reckon he's the 2nd best key in the league right now with how he attacks the ball. He used to float into marks but now he's as tough as anyone in the league. The media haven't realised how good we are yet

I can't believe how well he's playing, I reckon he's the 2nd best key in the league right now with how he attacks the ball. He used to float into marks but now he's as tough as anyone in the league. The media haven't realised how good we are yet
Yep, he's just missing the bag of goals for people to actually pay attention to it ... geez, imagine if we didn't stunt his development by not giving him game every week since drafting him without earning it ...

Hugely important to our structure and cohesion between midfield and forward, a big reason for our turn around in ability to hit the scoreboard.

Doing everything TMac hadn’t been able to and releasing TMac up the ground.

His name is too fun to say for him not to be an AFL regular.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiddd.

Gerard Healy echoing on Sportsday yesterday what most of us are thinking - a dozen clubs will come for the Weid if he isn’t a certain starter in the Demons 22 by mid year.

If the BBB TMac and Jacko chemistry works for us we are going to have to brace for this outcome ... and look to parlay Weid’s value into a trade that will strengthen our squad heading into 2022. Can’t have a $500-600k forward running around at Cranbourne forever.

It’s either that or ship TMac off end of 2020 and put a three year deal in front of Sam’s manager.

Gerard Healy echoing on Sportsday yesterday what most of us are thinking - a dozen clubs will come for the Weid if he isn’t a certain starter in the Demons 22 by mid year.

If the BBB TMac and Jacko chemistry works for us we are going to have to brace for this outcome ... and look to parlay Weid’s value into a trade that will strengthen our squad heading into 2022. Can’t have a $500-600k forward running around at Cranbourne forever.

It’s either that or ship TMac off end of 2020 and put a three year deal in front of Sam’s manager.

i would do this, TMac might have increased his value this year.

Sam is the better long term prospect, both brown and tmac are 29 this year.

I'd like to see Sam get a game or two before we come up against the Bulldogs at least. We have spent years developing this kid, to get him to this point and not play him now is just absurd. Tmac has been good but he is 29 and we have seen over time he is not reliable year on year. Give him or Jackon a rest and let Weid show us what he can do.

I'd like to see Sam get a game or two before we come up against the Bulldogs at least. We have spent years developing this kid, to get him to this point and not play him now is just absurd. Tmac has been good but he is 29 and we have seen over time he is not reliable year on year. Give him or Jackon a rest and let Weid show us what he can do.
Right now I don't give a flying * about weed. Let's focus on playing the best team week after week and winning games.

Right now I don't give a flying fu** about weed. Let's focus on playing the best team week after week and winning games.

Can you please pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time? With practice you might find you’re able to do both tasks at once!

Last edited:
Right now I don't give a flying fu** about weed. Let's focus on playing the best team week after week and winning games.

Do you think he couldn't play Tmac's role as well or better than Tmac?

We planned for Weid/Brown combo all pre-season with Tmac on a wing. If that isn't our best setup so be it but we won't know what our best setup looks like unless we try them.

Do you think he couldn't play Tmac's role as well or better than Tmac?

We planned for Weid/Brown combo all pre-season with Tmac on a wing. If that isn't our best setup so be it but we won't know what our best setup looks like unless we try them.
Dunno but the way Tmacs playing I wouldn't boot him out because a blokes younger than him.

i would do this, TMac might have increased his value this year.

Sam is the better long term prospect, both brown and tmac are 29 this year.
I agree we should do what we can to keep him. If he keeps up the VFL form he'll be in the seniors soon enough. We won't be as lucky as we have with injuries all season. If he gets in and brings that form then he'll play a part at the pointy end. But TMac is playing incredibly well atm and no way he comes out unless injured. No one will want a rest atm either as there's blokes in the VFL capable of taking their spot and keeping it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam you please pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time? With practice you might find you’re able to do both tasks at once!
Didnt you have a ******* cry a couple days ago about pot shots lol.
Go make up some more trade rumours and then back track on em ya pineapple

Dunno but the way Tmacs playing I wouldn't boot him out because a blokes younger than him.

That's fair enough, I think Jackson will get a rest soon anyway which would leave the door open for Weid. I was actually really keen to see Tmac on the wing in pre-season Thought it suited his attributes brilliantly.

That's fair enough, I think Jackson will get a rest soon anyway which would leave the door open for Weid. I was actually really keen to see Tmac on the wing in pre-season Thought it suited his attributes brilliantly.
Mate I didn't want Tmac near the side early but with how well we are playing I think it's very unlikely that Weid + Brown are better than the 6 we have currently

Didnt you have a ******* cry a couple days ago about pot shots lol.
Go make up some more trade rumours and then back track on em ya pineapple

Not a cry more a suggestion to tone down the vitriol.

Despite what you may think I like you TK. You’re a rough cut diamond that just needs a bit of polish.

I agree we should do what we can to keep him. If he keeps up the VFL form he'll be in the seniors soon enough. We won't be as lucky as we have with injuries all season. If he gets in and brings that form then he'll play a part at the pointy end. But TMac is playing incredibly well atm and no way he comes out unless injured. No one will want a rest atm either as there's blokes in the VFL capable of taking their spot and keeping it..

How will Weid “be in the seniors soon enough” if the Brown TMac and Jacko triumvirate works a treat? Four into three spots don’t go.

How will Weid “be in the seniors soon enough” if the Brown TMac and Jacko triumvirate works a treat? Four into three spots don’t go.
Ill lay 1.01 odds either brown gets injured, Jackson needs a rest and/or TMac returns to his potato roots in the next 3 weeks

I think people are overlooking how different TMac/jackson are to Weid/Brown. Tmac is busting a gut every week presenting right up the ground and Jackson is a ruck/forward who gives us probably the best 1-2 ruck combo in the AFL. Both Weid and Brown play FF and that’s about it, they’re directly competing for one spot (And they aren’t helped by the fact Fritsch plays effectively as an undersized tall and is doing a very good job at it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back