#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Yeah Im not one to be in the camp of 'Footy players need to be saints', but De Goey seems like too much of a ******** for me as well.

If we did lose Weid I'll just take draft picks and let JT do his magic instead please.

Conditioned MFC polite society reaction to any player who isn’t an angel faced choirboy.

You're just a supercoach and dream team nerd, No idea about team chemistry, never played sports yourself. I can tell.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
You're just a supercoach and dream team nerd, No idea about team chemistry, never played sports yourself. I can tell.

Came third nationally in SuperCoach a few years back but haven’t played for some time.

Like a lot of things you’re wrong about me not having played competitive team sport, including footy, at a decent level. Know a lot about a lot.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Ask AmericanAFL and dee_mac about "dream teams" being Eagles fans . 😉

6C36022C-2089-42EA-8A50-9C0C64FDB948.jpeg

I shouldn’t miss the chance to insert the Birds into a thread here, even if it’s a bad memory.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Conditioned MFC polite society reaction to any player who isn’t an angel faced choirboy.

Yes because we want a MFC player with sexual assault charges hanging over their head. Not to mention JDG is a pea heart who will never fulfil his potential. Welcome to the ignore list champ, your posting is beyond embarrassing.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes because we want a MFC player with sexual assault charges hanging over their head. Not to mention JDG is a pea heart who will never fulfil his potential. Welcome to the ignore list champ, your posting is beyond embarrassing.

Charges equals guilty does it? Thanks for the legal insight Schmutt QC.

Last edited:
McDonald got steadily worse as a defender from memory. Was really good 2012-13 but then got towelled by Lynch late 2014 and IMO was more and more vulnerable after that before he was moved forward. But still v much AFL standard

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wouldn't even trade a Wagner for DeGoey.

Aside from the fact that I think we need more of a 70:30 mid/fwd balance as a priority, everything just points to him being an absolute pelican and pelicans aren't good for footy clubs (even if they play the odd amazing game).

Back on topic, I really like Weideman. I'd like to see him play more games for Melbourne and I'd like to see him become a really reliable key forward and an important cog in our side. I think he's capable of that and I think his time will come.

We all know Weideman is going to end up at his rightful home - the Pies. Let’s do some business. I’d be buying Jordan DeGoey stock while it’s hit a low. Put him alongside BBB and Kozzy 20m out from the Melbourne goal line and watch the magic unfold. Tracc and DeGoey in the same side start engraving our name on future Cups.

Out: Weid + 2nd rounder
In: DeGoey

Get it done.
If De Goey wasn't a drugged up thug with s**t tattoos then yeah. But nobody's touching that s**t with the charges over his head. I don't really rate weed and if we could get a player like De Goey that's well worth. Weideman + two second rounders for Kelly? Probably Weed + 1st and 3rd tbh.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I was really happy about Brown when we got him. Figured if we were going to be s**t, might as well have a huge bloke who could kick 5 goals every now and then. Now it seems clear he doesn’t fit in the team.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brown will be our leading goalkicker this year. Some of the Weid melts are ridiculous. Revisionist history.

I'd love to see Weid make it, but he hasn't consistently delivered at either AFL OR VFL level over the years. If he had, we wouldn't have traded for Brown..

Mate, he's not even a good player these days - lazy, unaccountable and isn't hitting the scoreboard.

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
No one is saying Weid has had a better career or is even a better individual player than BB.

He seems like a better fit in our system though. He doesn't go to ground, he can lead but also finally has the body to wrestle with opponents if it gets dumped on his head. He has some lateral movement in him and although has copped a lot of injury setbacks is still younger and has played his whole career with the same midfield group.

BB was worth getting in as who knew Tmac would bounce back like he has and Weid did get injured as well. They didn't get him because they don't have faith in Weid.

Brown will staet to gel better but for the long term cohesion of the team I want Weid to start playing and I think only 2 of Weid, Tmac and Brown can play.

Brown will be our leading goalkicker this year. Some of the Weid melts are ridiculous. Revisionist history.

I'd love to see Weid make it, but he hasn't consistently delivered at either AFL OR VFL level over the years. If he had, we wouldn't have traded for Brown..

I'll take Slick to lead our goal kicking.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
I never really wanted Ben Brown. I'll take Weid over him any day.
Watch this space depending on the rest of the season.
Fair chance is I'll be eating my words. I was incredibly pessimistic when I first saw Langdon and Tomlinson in the red and blue, now all's changed. I think it's just the panic around possibly not resigning Weid. He's certainly got a lot left imo, even still, you'll probably hear me rave on about Brown after he kicks six to send the Demons three wins clear at the top! I'm certainly not deluded, right?

Temporary lapse in form. Needs a change of scenery. As I said, buy blue chip stock when low. Reap the dividends.

Get what you're saying, but I'd rather trade Weid for picks and re-invest in some talent in the first round.

Back