#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry the coaches of the Premiership team demanded you compete for more than three minutes a quarter :(. Aside from a few cameos, he was horrendous for the last two seasons. Two seasons when the two guys taken directly after him in the draft won the Coleman. The fact that we were screaming out for a key forward and still left him in the twos isn't because he didn't have opportunities. He'd want to fix his attitude if he's going to make a success of himself at Essendon.

Yeah that article doesn't reflect well on him at all. Can't see him turning it around at Essendon tbh.

May have been handy this year given McDonald is probably done and Brown is chronically injured.
Some players need a change, I doubt Weid plays this good if he was still at Melbourne

Weid Needed the change. He'd still be batteling himself while jogging around in the VFL is he was playing for us still. Good result for him and us. No ill feelings, it's good to see him doing well at the bombers

Maybe. But he has only played 63 games and I reckon forwards aren’t starting to come good until about 90 odd games.
Yeah nah. McKay kicked over 50 goals in a season he started with under 50 games. Curnow kicked 68 goals in a season he started with under 70 games.

Hogan kicked 40 twice before 50 games.
Could keep going. Weid didn't need 90 games, he was just s**t.

He was on the list for seven years mate, he was s**t. Brown last year in what was a very poor season averaged 1.58 goals a game, Weids highest ever in a season was 1.3 in 2020.
Yeah I know. I also know sometimes it can just turn with big Kents, but you’re right, JVR the way forward and I do like Petty as a forward. Hopefully brown can get *en fit and kick hauls in the VFL for a while Before hopefully impacting come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah. McKay kicked over 50 goals in a season he started with under 50 games. Curnow kicked 68 goals in a season he started with under 70 games.

Hogan kicked 40 twice before 50 games.
Could keep going. Weid didn't need 90 games, he was just s**t.
What’s worse was that McKay was pick 10 after SW at 9. He must have had a bumper TAC CUP year.

His worst is still absolutely dire (if you watched Bombers vs Saints earlier this year you know). Good for him that he's getting on the end of a few for the Bombers but it was obvious his confidence was shot with us, had more than enough chances.

I wanted Curnow at 9, but was almost equally happy with Weideman. McKay wasn't really on my radar - can't remember why.

I wonder if Curnow's drink driving charge around draft time was the difference in us taking him or Weid. Would love to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back