Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was his delivery inside F50 to Jed, who was the proverbial needle in the haystack? It was tractor beam accurate, unlike Jed’s subsequently missed shot. Oozed class!

He was the 2nd most poised player on the park after Kelly.

A lot to like about Tarryn. His toughness at such a young age is refreshing and not something I expected straight away at this level.

What's your genetic development knowledge like Guru? Do you reckon he'll physically come to hand fairly quickly?

I haven't been as excited about a youth player on our list since we drafted Jesse Smith

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

He'd be our captain right now commanding the half back line (no offence Jack).

What's your genetic development knowledge like Guru? Do you reckon he'll physically come to hand fairly quickly?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

He'd be our captain right now commanding the half back line (no offence Jack).
Quite poor. I'm not up to date with the nature vs. nurture stuff. I'm always worried that someone will * up the nurture stuff and ruin a player - I'm always reminded of Kepler Bradley. Seen as a promising next gen mid that was forced to become a KPP. Then some hold off like Tony Notte and Cale Morton.

I'd try and really focus on his cardio first given that he can hang with this level then build on the size after. My main focus would be core and working a solid foundation to reduce the risk of injuries and a lot of work on his cardio. I don't want to see another player that is limited to HF if we could turn him into a 75/25 mid/FWD.

Just don't * it up North! and god I hope he has some luck knee/shoulder wise.

Quite poor. I'm not up to date with the nature vs. nurture stuff. I'm always worried that someone will **** up the nurture stuff and ruin a player - I'm always reminded of Kepler Bradley. Seen as a promising next gen mid that was forced to become a KPP. Then some hold off like Tony Notte and Cale Morton.

I'd try and really focus on his cardio first given that he can hang with this level then build on the size after. My main focus would be core and working a solid foundation to reduce the risk of injuries and a lot of work on his cardio. I don't want to see another player that is limited to HF if we could turn him into a 75/25 mid/FWD.

Just don't **** it up North! and god I hope he has some luck knee/shoulder wise.
You’ve got it kind of backwards, it’s always size then fitness.
Watch boxers as they go up weight divisions. they get gassed easy, even going up one weight class is hard work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve got it kind of backwards, it’s always size then fitness.
Watch boxers as they go up weight divisions. they get gassed easy, even going up one weight class is hard work.
Depends what you prioritise. It's not as simple as that. There are many components of fitness and the issue with AFL footballers is they need to be complete in a lot of them. It's about balance. It depends on where they see Tarryn, what his numbers look like atm, what do his family look like etc.

I'm sorry but I don't use evidence from a sport that for the most part thinks cardio is just non-stop road running. Most old boxing gyms are stuck in the 50's and think water is weakness. It's why the UFC created the performance institute so they could try and get the best out of their athletes.

Every time they showed him on bench he was discussing positioning and tactics with other players. Amazing.

I noticed that too.

He’s also ice cold on field with things like set shots, doesn’t even look remotely phased by pressure. Can’t wait to see him with an extra 2-3 years of development.

Depends what you prioritise. It's not as simple as that. There are many components of fitness and the issue with AFL footballers is they need to be complete in a lot of them. It's about balance. It depends on where they see Tarryn, what his numbers look like atm, what do his family look like etc.

I'm sorry but I don't use evidence from a sport that for the most part thinks cardio is just non-stop road running. Most old boxing gyms are stuck in the 50's and think water is weakness. It's why the UFC created the performance institute so they could try and get the best out of their athletes.
Your neighbourhood friendly boxing gym is slightly removed from prize fight game..
Yet you bring up UFC and the same phenomenon can be seen there.

For some reason I feel like there was one to Tarrant against Brisbane as well.

ShadowyGreatBrant-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back