Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as it pains me, I'd have to choose Walsh over TT. They're both miles ahead of Rozee, though.

Not me. I'm with Mixed Results on this. Against Carlton Thomas was all over everything at the start of the game. There when it needed to be won. Walsh wasn't.

The kick at the start of this video as well. Took a handball under pressure, summed up the situation ahead and chipped a pinpoint kick between two Carlton blokes. All in the space of a half second.

As he kicks that ball you're referring to Dermie says "vision" and it sounds really creepy on headphones.

I'd be happy for him to be a cross between Wells and a slightly smaller Adam Goodes

Goodes was about 190 and 100kg wasn't he? TT might not end up that solid but he won't be too far away and should be that tall.

We really want this guy getting it 25 times a game, more preferably. His use is so good. He has vision, the creativity to go with it and the skills to make it work.

Nek Minnit Bard Scotts makes him JMac 2.

Jesus H Christ, that pick up & execution...........

........if you watch closely you can see that he very subtly fakes to the right. This is a trait he picked up from his rugby background. He knows exactly what he's doing the moment he bends over to pick it up. 100% pure instinct. He's ****ing special.

BTW, nice shepherd from Mason. It's the sort of thing that's completely invisible to the supercoachers who ridiculously bitch about him.

........if you watch closely you can see that he very subtly fakes to the right. This is a trait he picked up from his rugby background. He knows exactly what he's doing the moment he bends over to pick it up. 100% pure instinct. He's ****ing special.

Dunno if that's a rugby thing or not. The best backs (in rugby) move like that and some forwards but so do the best players in AFL.

He sets up well as he picks up. It throws Weitering's decision making out for long enough to allow him to get the ball to Cam Z in good position. I think he was always planning on Zurhaar as his option. This is a classic example of using Boyd's concept of OODA Loops. He is inside Weitering's decision making cycle and uses that little fake you mentioned to pull Weitering's attention toward goal which is where he wants it. Instinct for sure. he's thinking several steps ahead all the thru the process of getting the ball.

He even turns and faces inboard before he picks the ball up - whether that was deliberate or just reacting to the bounce its also great. He can't be tackled until he takes control of the ball and cos he has turned toward our players he's already seeing what's happening and making decisions about what to do before he gets the ball, and when he gets it he is facing the right way to act immediately. he doesn't have to orient himself once he gets the ball co he's doing it as he shapes to pick the ball up.

Right on about the shepherd too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if that's a rugby thing or not. The best backs (in rugby) move like that and some forwards but so do the best players in AFL.

He sets up well as he picks up. It throws Weitering's decision making out for long enough to allow him to get the ball to Cam Z in good position. I think he was always planning on Zurhaar as his option. This is a classic example of using Boyd's concept of OODA Loops. He is inside Weitering's decision making cycle and uses that little fake you mentioned to pull Weitering's attention toward goal which is where he wants it. Instinct for sure. he's thinking several steps ahead all the thru the process of getting the ball.

He even turns and faces inboard before he picks the ball up - whether that was deliberate or just reacting to the bounce its also great. He can't be tackled until he takes control of the ball and cos he has turned toward our players he's already seeing what's happening and making decisions about what to do before he gets the ball, and when he gets it he is facing the right way to act immediately. he doesn't have to orient himself once he gets the ball co he's doing it as he shapes to pick the ball up.

Right on about the shepherd too.
Carlton are shambles, I count six of them running into frame. It’s either work rate or concentration as they were ball watching.
How they let Cam Z sitting ten meters off the pack, by himself, in the forward line is pretty big indictment.
Also watch Jy just casually strolling unopposed to the top of the square.

Last edited:

BTW, nice shepherd from Mason. It's the sort of thing that's completely invisible to the supercoachers who ridiculously bitch about him.

There is another angle of that play where it looks like he goes in so casually.

I'm hard at work on a range of Tarryn Thomas related products.

Watch out for "TT Panther" cologne (with extra "musk") coming out soon at the Roo Shop!;)

Marketing slogan: "TT Panther............when you're in the mood to ambush"

I love this blokes beard.
Needs a clean fade a line in the haircut and a long ass beard.
Along with being a fantastic a grader in the future he will be such a good marketable player in the future.

This kid is going to get North supporters to games. He has it all; skill, toughness, nous, size, deceptive speed. Watching him closely at games he doesn't have to be the fastest player because he's so damn smart when he arrives at the contest he turns back the time he may have lost to a faster opponent. GUN!!

Tarryn is 18.

He looks like one of those blokes, who when you were playing under-16s, you'd have seen drive up to the ground and give his kids a few bucks for an icy pole, and been like "Please don't play on me, please don't play on me" and then sure as shi'ite Muslim militiamen, you'd go to your position, and he'd come striding up to you.

Goodes was about 190 and 100kg wasn't he? TT might not end up that solid but he won't be too far away and should be that tall.
Yep, hence the reference to being slightly smaller, will come close in height, but just looking at his build, hard to see him getting past 90kg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back