Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many people with doubts here. I just can't see him being a Raph Clarke type. He is a mixture of Burgoyne/Goodes IMO. Being on the taller side for an indigenous kid he will take some time to reach his full potential. The kid has won every award just about possible on his way to being a top 10 selection in a so called super draft. I for one am so excited with what we have done since the end of the season. We have gone with elite traits in all areas. Clearances, endurance, speed and x factor. Aside from a back up ruck I think we have everything from a list perspective covered.
TT will be the silk in years to come.

Sounds like he's already been christened as Tarryn 'Big Boy' Thomas.

One a side note, I love the very obvious bond that most of our indigenous lads have with each other. You can see from social media that Simpkin, Ahern and Jed have a very close relationship, and it seems like they've already inducted Tarryn into that little brotherhood.

"hi, I'm Majak" is the best thing from that footage. As if anyone wouldn't know who maj is, but at the same time he's trying really hard to welcome the new kid. What a bloke.
Have you not seen Majak in video's before? I'd hate to burst your bubble but it Maj always says stuff like that as the boys bag him out for getting involved in anything and everything. So Maj acts like he's a superstar but in a low-key confident way. It's even backed up by Brown laughing at Maj's joke.

Ha. LMac's greeting.

Doesn't go with the "Well done Tarryn" goes straight with "Same pick as Lukey Mac."

I can't remember who but it reminds me of some character on some tv show that talks in third person. Honestly I couldn't remember if you put a gun to my head.

Lmac's probably just a bit manic or ADHD/spectrumish, not a real flog. Some of the things he does remind me of friends like that a lot, my eldest daughter is a bit weird like that too. And if he does drink alot, as well as other things the rumours mention, that would kind of fit their patterns too.

We're allowed to express our sentiments of affection for players, but heaven forbid we suggest - based on the same limited viewing samples - that a player might be a dickhead?

We're allowed to express our sentiments of affection for players, but heaven forbid we suggest - based on the same limited viewing samples - that a player might be a dickhead?
Correct. Getting ticked off at that sort of behaviour at a football club means either:

1. You've never been part of a sports team.
2. You've got no sense of humour.
3. You're old and are not cynical about everything.
4. You were bullied as a kid and don't like alphas.

The Pleasantville Basketball team still won after they added colour :)drunk: that sounded bad but the context is personality).

Clubs have their Cunnington's, Majak's, Tarrant's, Ziebell's, Hrovat's, and their LMac's. Just like the world has their different people. The only issue is they need to perform at training and on game day. If LMac had a good 2018 no one would give a damn and we'd all be laughing.

George Orwell was right!

Add it to his pissing around in the GF sprint, his undisciplined booze up during last pre season. If your performing on the field, one can cop it but his bloke needs a reality check
giphy.gif

I can't remember who but it reminds me of some character on some tv show that talks in third person. Honestly I couldn't remember if you put a gun to my head.

The Jimmy from Seinfeld?

Plenty of people would call my mate a dickhead. But he's not. Neither were the other blokes while they were around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs have their Cunnington's, Majak's, Tarrant's, Ziebell's, Hrovat's, and their LMac's. Just like the world has their different people.
Sure, and in other statements of the bleedin' obvious, we don't all like or respect everyone. There are those we're closer to, and those we choose not to have much to do with.

You do what you have to do, of course, to get along when the circumstances require it.

Add it to his pissing around in the GF sprint, his undisciplined booze up during last pre season. If your performing on the field, one can cop it but his bloke needs a reality check
That’s the whole point, be a flog as much as you like if you can back it up, but if you can’t then you just come off as a tool.

History says he was a pick 8 and draft night is the last time he has come close to looking like a pick 8.

I generally like LMac, but over the last couple of years he has come off as a bloke who thinks he has made it and doesn’t need to work hard anymore.

Correct. Getting ticked off at that sort of behaviour at a football club means either:

1. You've never been part of a sports team.
2. You've got no sense of humour.
3. You're old and are not cynical about everything.
4. You were bullied as a kid and don't like alphas.

The Pleasantville Basketball team still won after they added colour :)drunk: that sounded bad but the context is personality).

Clubs have their Cunnington's, Majak's, Tarrant's, Ziebell's, Hrovat's, and their LMac's. Just like the world has their different people. The only issue is they need to perform at training and on game day. If LMac had a good 2018 no one would give a damn and we'd all be laughing.

George Orwell was right!
Well I guess putting someone into 4 boxes instead of one box is good.

It was funny, but I do lean a bit on kimbos side. Talking in the third person is a classic dick move.

Sounds like he's already been christened as Tarryn 'Big Boy' Thomas.

One a side note, I love the very obvious bond that most of our indigenous lads have with each other. You can see from social media that Simpkin, Ahern and Jed have a very close relationship, and it seems like they've already inducted Tarryn into that little brotherhood.
Jed quickly tucked him under his wing the first day he turned up at the club a year or two back.

Our indigenous culture is in bloody good hands with the lads we have at the club at the moment.

When you double down on stupid:
KM -
I haven't been exposed to Mick's opinions on Tarryn, but I try not to hear where everyone else ranks talent with relation to my own power rankings as we all need to do our own talent ID. The more you do this the more clear it becomes. That's how you get guys others don't realise are good and it's how you miss guys who are taken too early as I believe Thomas was.

If I was picking. I'd rather Noah Gown to Tarryn Thomas

It was funny, but I do lean a bit on kimbos side. Talking in the third person is a classic dick move.
I wasn't one of those who took any particular umbrage to that, though I can see why I was mainly highlighting that if it's okay to praise our guys based on selected snippets and the conclusions we reach about them, then it's similarly okay to be critical on the same basis.

That said, Luke has never particularly endeared me as a personality and unlike many others, I don't automatically adore BFNAAK's or F/S's for that matter.

Last edited:
Jed quickly tucked him under his wing the first day he turned up at the club a year or two back.

Our indigenous culture is in bloody good hands with the lads we have at the club at the moment.
Yep. We've had a long history in that space, but the role Lindsay played in fostering the modern aspect of that culture should never be forgotten as well. A lot of indigenous kids coming into the cub have mentioned his influence in establishing and strengthening it when he was at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back