Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you double down on stupid:
KM -
I haven't been exposed to Mick's opinions on Tarryn, but I try not to hear where everyone else ranks talent with relation to my own power rankings as we all need to do our own talent ID. The more you do this the more clear it becomes. That's how you get guys others don't realise are good and it's how you miss guys who are taken too early as I believe Thomas was.

If I was picking. I'd rather Noah Gown to Tarryn Thomas

Isn't "Noah Gown" what JFK said to Marilyn Monroe.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
It’s called banter- some ppl need to lighten up

Yeah man, damn right it's called banter hence his lighthearted response to my post. Amazingly it can go both ways.

Just need to point out how crucial it was that Higgins made a beeline for the boundary to welcome Tarryn
Would have killed a s**t load of nerves.

The club needs to put a contract in front stay of Shaun to stay on as an assistant coach once he finishes up.
Fairdinkum if we dont map out a pathway that sees him continue on at Arden St we are *******s

Thats exactly the type of person you want at the football club

Just need to point out how crucial it was that Higgins made a beeline for the boundary to welcome Tarryn

The club needs to put a contract in front stay of Shaun to stay on as an assistant coach once he finishes up.
Fairdinkum if we dont map out a pathway that sees him continue on at Arden St we are *******s

Strikes me as an assistant then head coach after he retires.

Brilliant footy brain on top of his people skills.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can't remember who but it reminds me of some character on some tv show that talks in third person. Honestly I couldn't remember if you put a gun to my head.

Lmac's probably just a bit manic or ADHD/spectrumish, not a real flog. Some of the things he does remind me of friends like that a lot, my eldest daughter is a bit weird like that too. And if he does drink alot, as well as other things the rumours mention, that would kind of fit their patterns too.

Strauchanie or Warwick Capper.

Absolutely. The club needs to hang on to him. Apparently a footy nerd too, when everyone else wants to leave team meeting he’s got more questions

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
First session today...unless he's still packing :mad:

He's in Melbourne mate, flew in yesterday arvo, there's a pic getting around of all the draftee's together probably at a Sunday BBQ meet and greet.

I might pop down at 11ish to have a look.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Been held up, so won’t make it unfortunately, hopefully someone else is down there.

I’m sure there will be some content as well.

received_311795599437332.jpeg

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nothing wrong with banter. However if you are performing below par then there is no room for clowning around

I watched him pre game up in Brissy
Toungue out casual as hell, not taking the extra few steps to get to the ball.

For some players, how you train determines how you play.
It's not really his fault though, the coaches should have been all over him if he's a bit nonchalant at training
I'm a big critic of LMac as i felt his 2018 was a waste but he had some impressive moments in 2017 and looked ready to breakout. I'm sure he knows what is in front of him and he has to lift.

In saying that there is nothing wrong with some banter. You need characters liike him around to break up the monotony of training - especially during pre-season when frustrations are high and it's hard work. Nothing wrong with what LMac said. It's the same thing I'd expect from Jmac, wright, zurhaar and co. too. Probably help TT settler in quicker too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Big call here. But after Tarryn’s long and successful career ends. Young Indigenous football prospects will be compared to him, not Buddy, or Burgoyne.
Yeah fairly big call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back