Thewlis Dish

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2003
Five Star Laundry
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Larkey struggled last year, but is younger than Brown and also clearly played with a bung leg (ankle?) for a long period. sh*t year, like most others I think we all see it as a write off. Biggest difference to TT is that IMO he has already shown growth as a player on the field. His two games in his first year he barely got a kick. Come 2019 he was highly effective as a second tall after showing growth in the VFL.
I thought Larkey was pretty good up until the Pies game when he clearly didn't look fit. Still managed 1.5 goals per game in a team that was lucky to get 1.5 inside 50s a quarter.

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I loved his workrate in the Jack Ziebell match sim highlights video. He was getting from contest to contest really easily and even when he didn’t get the ball himself he was an option. Or laying the tackle like when JZ bumped spicer.

If he can do that in a game he will get the footy 15-20 times per game and make magic happen.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I loved his workrate in the Jack Ziebell match sim highlights video. He was getting from contest to contest really easily and even when he didn’t get the ball himself he was an option. Or laying the tackle like when JZ bumped spicer.

If he can do that in a game he will get the footy 15-20 times per game and make magic happen.
A more free flowing game plan that actually utilises our half forwards rather than bombing down the line all the time will help guys like Taylor, Thomas, Mahoney, Zurhaar and Turner considerably as well.

Kangaroos4eva

Hall of Famer
Aug 22, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Impressed with how Noble used him today

In that he basically let him do and go anywhere or anything he wanted

I don't think even the hardest of critics could have called his game today lazy. He just has that mercurial quick step every time, I thought he was one of the biggest positives from today
The utility role (ala Burgyone) really suited him and allowed him to do his own thing. Was brillant.

Billy Not Really

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The utility role (ala Burgyone) really suited him and allowed him to do his own thing. Was brillant.
He really does seem suited for that kind of role, he can be placed anywhere, his traits as a forward are as hand as he is in the midfield, all you gotta do is get the ball in his hands and its a guaranteed link to getting the ball closer to goal if he ain't kicking them himself.

Remove this Banner Ad