Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacked urgency and intent.
He’s not going to get far with that type of attitude.

He's a million miles away from mural status.

I honestly wouldn't have cared if he turned the ball over with every possession.

Class, vision and skills weren't ever in doubt with Thomas; the only concern was if he'd be able to find the ball enough to have an impact. Given his involvement against St Kilda and Hawthorn I'd consider Thomas to be one of the biggest positives of the preseason.

If he keeps getting the ball in these positions then he is going to become a real weapon once he gets his confidence up and starts to feel more comfortable. He is a special talent and the lack of hype for him on this board is honestly bewildering. The goal he kicked was freakish and there's at most one or two other players on our list who could have pulled it off. Yet all I'm reading is that he is soft, a spud, not quick enough, not enough mongrel, lacks urgency, needs to pull his finger out etc

If he keeps this pace up then he'll be in the top 4-5 performing players from his draft class by the end of the year.

The difference between this and your take on 20 year old LDU after a bad (practice) game is pretty stark...

...and the fact that this is why reflects poorly on you as an individual.

The difference between LDU & Tarryn reflects poorly on you as a footy analyst.

As for politics, I care nought for it's AFL associations.

Averaged 8 possessions last year, and is averaging at least 17 in the two games this year.

This year for him should be about pumping him with midfield minutes to build his tank and influence on games by increasing his possession count.

If all he does is sustain this level of the last 2 weeks for the whole season (with a couple of real breakout games) he will be no further behind LDU and Simpkin after 3 seasons. And don’t forget it took Cunners at least 4 seasons before we started to realise how good he would be.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The disposal numbers are good, and exactly where I wanted to see improvement come from. New gameplan and a rolling position are probably behind the skill errors. Yesterday was genuinely a bad game skill wise, but the odds of that becoming an actual persistent issue for him are really bloody slim.

Whipping Boy Crew. Something he came up with, without realising he does it himself.

Certified Moron.

Yeah but Ziebell got 23 touches yesterday.

He quoted that stat (off kick ins) and claims others no idea.....haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back