Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points but TT is a pretty serious talent , it’s the long arms, the awareness, the touch
He looks like McLeod or Burgoyne, ok I said it
As for blokes who couldn’t get the ball, well dare I say Brad McKenzie, looked good First Round draft but just never made the step up

Okay yes Thomas only averaged 8 possessions in 2020 but when you factor in the shortened quarters, less interchange rotations, Covid and the fact he was busy preparing his mural he actually averaged 25 possessions a game.

He he.

Yep. I think full length you'd argue around 12-3 possies for 2020. So 15+ would be a good minimum level for him. I think he'll always lean towards the high impact, high score involvement but slightly lower possession count although he might surprise. He does have some pretty outrageous athletic attributes. be interesting to see if he ever puts on real size, he could borderline play mobile CHF at times with the right body...

He he.

Yep. I think full length you'd argue around 12-3 possies for 2020. So 15+ would be a good minimum level for him. I think he'll always lean towards the high impact, high score involvement but slightly lower possession count although he might surprise. He does have some pretty outrageous athletic attributes. be interesting to see if he ever puts on real size, he could borderline play mobile CHF at times with the right body...

Harper and Wood were far more athletically gifted than even Thomas.

Let’s just wait and see, I’ll just take steady improvement atm.

Tarryn's cousin Rhyan Mansell just got recruited by Richmond!

That shat me a little bit.

Something about the 3x premiers (Lord, why did you smite us like this? anyway) finding a place for a kid we had direct access to then would've kept tabs on but disregarded.

Hopefully another Ben Ross rather than an Isaac Smith. (yes I know we didn't have exclusive access to Smith)

That shat me a little bit.

Something about the 3x premiers (Lord, why did you smite us like this? anyway) finding a place for a kid we had direct access to then would've kept tabs on but disregarded.

Hopefully another Ben Ross rather than an Isaac Smith. (yes I know we didn't have exclusive access to Smith)

Not like we are exactly busting at the seems with u21 small defenders either

New North Melbourne David Noble has implemented a hard-and-fast rule at Arden Street he hopes might ultimately fast-track the Kangaroos’ long-term revival.

A day off is a day off.

Having built a reputation as one of the AFL’s hardest working individuals, the 53-year-old is no stranger to rolling his sleeves up and working long hours.

But he believes a strict adherence to this rule – for players, the coaching staff and indeed himself – might provide the best work-life balance to ensure they get the best out of each other.

It might even help fast-track the Kangaroos as the club looks for a fresh start after experiencing an extraordinarily tough 2020 season.

“I’m big on that ...a day off is a day of,” Noble told the Herald Sun.
Day of what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the hope but your curiosity was piqued by Richmond going for him?

No, Richmond's drafting limitations in recent seasons sees them going for spec "role player" types.

It's like time stands still when TT has the ball, almost like he can see into the future, sees how things will unfold, and just makes the right decision.
Everyone's just like kids at Christmas and want to play with the new shiny toy and get excited about the new draftees, Stevo and Corr, that and Jy and Kyron's rigs, and how awesome LDU is gonna be. But there are a stack of players coming through all at once that are going to propel this club forward. TT, Bailey, Curtis, Mahoney, McKay, Xerri, Perez, Zurhaar, Souva,,,,,and then upside of players being able to get on the park Turner, Cunners, Garner, Tyson, guys like Hall, Polec, and JZ could come in for new leases of life under the new coach. Who even knows with guys like Atu, Bonar, Young, and Menedue, I reckon at least one of those are going to surprise people this year. We now have LDU, Stevo, and Bonar high draft picks from that same draft year, and I think guys from that draft, Rayner, Cerra, Brayshaw are set to have a big impact on the comp. So for TT I think we see more progress this year, but most likely next year that we see him physically more mature and really start to stamp some authority on games.

It's like time stands still when TT has the ball, almost like he can see into the future, sees how things will unfold, and just makes the right decision.
Everyone's just like kids at Christmas and want to play with the new shiny toy and get excited about the new draftees, Stevo and Corr, that and Jy and Kyron's rigs, and how awesome LDU is gonna be. But there are a stack of players coming through all at once that are going to propel this club forward. TT, Bailey, Curtis, Mahoney, McKay, Xerri, Perez, Zurhaar, Souva,,,,,and then upside of players being able to get on the park Turner, Cunners, Garner, Tyson, guys like Hall, Polec, and JZ could come in for new leases of life under the new coach. Who even knows with guys like Atu, Bonar, Young, and Menedue, I reckon at least one of those are going to surprise people this year. We now have LDU, Stevo, and Bonar high draft picks from that same draft year, and I think guys from that draft, Rayner, Cerra, Brayshaw are set to have a big impact on the comp. So for TT I think we see more progress this year, but most likely next year that we see him physically more mature and really start to stamp some authority on games.

He's in his own field a lot of the time. There's a clip in the match play from a few days ago... he takes a step at half pace with players congregating from all directions and is suddenly 5m clear for a simple chip into the forward line. Most players can find the odd occasion to do stuff like that, Thomas does it more like Cunnington where it is a regular occurrence and against senior players that know all the tricks.

He's in his own field a lot of the time. There's a clip in the match play from a few days ago... he takes a step at half pace with players congregating from all directions and is suddenly 5m clear for a simple chip into the forward line. Most players can find the odd occasion to do stuff like that, Thomas does it more like Cunnington where it is a regular occurrence and against senior players that know all the tricks.

I watched him today (intraclub) and he got a handful of touches but it was like chess for him.

He just waited for someone to commit and then he changed his mind (perhaps) and some hit ridiculous lace out passes on a windy day.

If he ever hits 15-20 possessions a game, look out.

Can't see Taryn being motivated to accumulate 30 plus touches linking up chains of possessions, but imagine he would absolutely hate losing 1on 1 to anyone. He's got the skills and knows it.

So put him where winning 1 on 1 means a score for us, or an oppo score denied. I'll be happy watching that for the next 10 years.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't see Taryn being motivated to accumulate 30 plus touches linking up chains of possessions, but imagine he would absolutely hate losing 1on 1 to anyone. He's got the skills and knows it.

So put him where winning 1 on 1 means a score for us, or an oppo score denied. I'll be happy watching that for the next 10 years.

Why wouldn't Thomas be " motivated " to be involved in chains of play? Seen nothing to suggest that so far.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not motivated? Ridiculous statement

I mean of all his physiological drivers, the motivation to perform the same acts as others would be less than his motivation to execute his unique skills.

Not everyone is the same.
Why wouldn't Thomas be " motivated " to be involved in chains of play? Seen nothing to suggest that so far.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back